Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Work In Progress / Re: The Krupp-Steyr Waffentr├Ąger in resin
« Last post by Ballardian on April 21, 2018, 10:47:34 PM »
 Made a little progress on crewing the Waffentrager - I went for a fairly low-tech solution. The crew's bodies are Rubicon (the gunner's is from the 250/251 20mm turret kit, with the head from a WG/Italeri tanker - its facial detail was better, while the loader was a left over from an SdKfz 3 kit).

Rather than build the crew seats (I did think about it - having some left over from the same 250/251 conversion kit) I attached the crew models to the recoil guard - they each have a small piece of square section plastic rod stuck to their laps as a spacer so they sit at the right height, with a pin through it to attach them to the guard (they're currently held on with blu-tak so I can paint them seperately.
Then there's the issue of how much to detail the inside of the turret - given the fairly small apature you can't see very much, so I felt that I could get by with basic representations of the turret clutter. There's a radio on the left behind the gunner, with a cylindrical canister above it, while on the back wall you can see a storage box with a fire extinguisher above it - I'll probably pretty much leave it at that, perhaps adding a pack & an MP40.

Thought someone was asking for this...

This piece is just too large to fit onto the plastic sprue, but should be an excellent upgrade piece in resin!

Enjoy!
;)
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Jimmys WIP Thread
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 21, 2018, 05:12:24 AM »
I have used Citadel Agrax Earthshade and the camoshade on them, earthshade for the grubbier ones.

http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=281.msg4838#msg4838
General Discussions / Re: Citroen 11CV
« Last post by ripley on April 21, 2018, 03:45:46 AM »
Looks good , nice job on the windows
« Last post by ripley on April 21, 2018, 03:44:44 AM »
I use a GW brown wash on the tank . and a GW black wash on the metal parts of the track , followed by a watered down brown wash
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on April 21, 2018, 02:48:42 AM »
Nice.
« Last post by Jimmy_P on April 21, 2018, 02:41:43 AM »

Sounds like a plan. Brown wash though (or green?)?
« Last post by lou passejaire on April 20, 2018, 11:50:27 PM »
can work too in olive green  :)

this is the original Neucraft model, with custom decals ...  :)
« Last post by Pinky on April 20, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »
Ripley - apparently colours will always appear darker on a smaller object.  That's why colour chips can be confusing.
« Last post by ripley on April 20, 2018, 08:06:15 PM »
I think I would  go with Vellejo Model Air Olive Drab .043 , should be easyist paint to pick up these days . A few of those companies are gone now , well I guess that article did come out 16 years ago .  Funny , the chip shows Humbroll 155 as looking greenish , my tin is a more brown shade to my eye , but Humbrol has changed the formula / ingredients from time to time over the years .  Its funny how your eye works , find a reasonable shade of OD  or German Grey and paint a large scale ( 1/32 ) tank , looks great , use the same color on a 1/72 tank and it looks wrong , Don't quite understand why that happens , but lightening the color seems to work on smaller scales .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10