Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Work In Progress / Re: The Krupp-Steyr Waffenträger in resin
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on Today at 02:56:59 AM »
Nice job.

Good idea on fixing the crew to the breech.

Is that a release on the right side of the breech?
Well done.
« Last post by Ballardian on Today at 01:38:50 AM »

Cheers Ripley, it is quite enjoyable to do, though I did have to occasionally remind myself to stick to what would be visible & not fall down a detailing rabbit hole.
 & just to prove that it all fits....

Showcase & Gallery / Re: Airfix Model World - May 18 (issue 90)
« Last post by ripley on Today at 01:16:15 AM »
Saw on the FB site  that Steve won some well deserved awards for his dioramas . Looking forward to seeing his Berge Panther dio finished
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Jimmys WIP Thread
« Last post by ripley on Today at 01:13:08 AM »
. They look like they've been through a hell of a battle , very nice . All that's missing is a disorderly pile of stowage and crew kit  ;D
« Last post by ripley on Today at 01:08:26 AM »
Looking really good .Putting Lots of detail in a very little space , fun huh ? I believe the canister above the radio should be a German gas mask case . All their tanks and armored cars  had them fitted in specific spots beside  the crew positions  till the end of the war . It makes it easy to identify most stuff inside WW2 German AFVs , as the holders were all the same in most vehicles , gas mask rack in Tiger , same size/shape in Panzer II & 222  Armored Car  for example . If you have room , there should be a canister , verticle in front by the gunner , it holds the  sight when not in use   .
Too late to do that now as all the plastic sprues for the early Panzer IV had been done.  We had looked into something similar to your idea but felt the structure would be too weak as a wargaming kit.

You’ve done exactly the same thing very successfully before (like the engine deck insert in the M10/M36 kit).  And this option was suggested a while ago...
Showcase & Gallery / Airfix Model World - May 18 (issue 90)
« Last post by Rubicon Models on April 21, 2018, 11:41:34 PM »
Airfix holds a unique appeal for me and has been an important part of my childhood. The May 2018 (Issue 90) of Airfix Model World featured Steve Perry "Best-in-Show" from the South Cheshire show. The magazine wrote, "...what could be achieved from wargaming kits, using Rubicon's 1/56 vehicles and figures to recreate a North African scene of Erwin Rommel and his Afrika Korps preparing for battle".

Three years of teamwork had propelled and established Rubicon Models into the 1/56 scale wargaming and military modelling market worldwide. We even find our way into the hard-to-penetrate Japanese market a year ago! We are still young and eager to do better for years to come...

-Edwin

Enjoy!
;)
Or could you possibly make the two vented rear air intakes as separate pieces ,and add them onto your plastic spruce?? That shouldn't take up much space at all.

Too late to do that now as all the plastic sprues for the early Panzer IV had been done.  We had looked into something similar to your idea but felt the structure would be too weak as a wargaming kit.
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Jimmys WIP Thread
« Last post by Ballardian on April 21, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »

It's a never ending quest to find the 'right' shade, but the Mig Ammo OD modulation set is pretty decent - 4 shades of US OD from  shadow to final high-light, I did some 15mm M4A3's & an M26 a while ago, & yes, I definately way overdid the chipping :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10