Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 264254 times)

Bruno_015

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Updated 160414
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2016, 04:20:17 am »
This is what 1/56 scale miniatures should look like!

Painting in progress on the newly revised 3D prototypes.
Some of these figures will be included in our SdKfz 250/251 Expansion Kit.
Will post more of these figures after they are painted up!

Enjoy!
;)

Jesus guys, I love you! Ok lets not get too emotional here lol. Really nice sculpts. Lack of crews where the only thing stopping me from buying some Rubicons models, other than vehicles tanks.

Btw, in the second picture, the 1st, 2nd and 5th form the left look like an artilliery/AT crew....Planning on expanding to guns? Not make me love you more Rubicon!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 01:32:18 pm by Bruno_015 »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2016, 06:04:19 am »
Excellent.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2016, 09:19:47 am »
They look fantastic . I can see such potential in kit bashing these figures  :)

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2016, 12:22:37 pm »
Looking good !
Can we get some early war  and some more DAK to go with Rommel....British....Russian...USA too !

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »
Really, really good! :)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2016, 10:24:51 pm »
These are the painted samples of selected SdKfz 250/251 crews:

Enjoy!
;)

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2016, 11:53:50 pm »
Awesome  :)

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2016, 11:57:10 pm »
Looking good !
Can we get some early war  and some more DAK to go with Rommel....British....Russian...USA too !

The anti tank rifle crew would only need to be painted in a sand/olive color to pass as Afrika Korps.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:04:42 am by Rubicon Models »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2016, 12:29:49 am »
These are fantastic figures.  Great poses, well chosen options, and very nice heads.  Great work, Rubicon - worth the wait!

One little point (as usual).  The piping on the collars looks crimson, but should be pink (tank crews) or more likely copper brown (since SdKfz 250s were found in reconnaissance units).

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2016, 04:26:27 pm »
Hoffman....close enough....but not good enough....a proper DAK crew is needed as well.

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2016, 11:15:45 pm »
I'd definetly like to see a DAK crew as well,especially a DAK tank crew. I was just pointing out that Rubicon did a nice job with the anti tank rifle crew. They made them generic enough with the early war tunic with an open collar, and trouser selection,that by just painting them another color than field Grey, they can pass for DAK as well as troops in Europe

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2016, 11:31:59 pm »
I'd definetly like to see a DAK crew as well,especially a DAK tank crew. I was just pointing out that Rubicon did a nice job with the anti tank rifle crew. They made them generic enough with the early war tunic with an open collar, and trouser selection,that by just painting them another color than field Grey, they can pass for DAK as well as troops in Europe

We did a lot of research on the tunic.  The current sculpt is basically good for any mid to late war theaters.
This is our fist batch of plastic figures, and we wanted them to be "used" to the maximum.

We also need to take care of other Allies armies plus tank crews for all, so we are quite satisfied with what
we have right now.  It will take time to build up enough figures to diversify.  We are not in a hurry!

Everything is prioritized... no exception!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2016, 11:44:26 pm »
I would use liquid Green Stuff to give them cammo  smocks , add BA plastic kit and I've got SS troops in Normandy . I know we all want specific troop types , early , DAK , winter , late , Italians  ::) , but I think  we have to realize  that not every troop type is going to be a money maker , so it won't be produced . We'll just have to kit bash our own , or just make do with what we got . Many troop / vehicle  types are still missing from the 1/35 scale market and that's huge , with a hundred companies of all sizes releasing kits .

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2016, 12:25:52 am »
I would use liquid Green Stuff to give them cammo  smocks , add BA plastic kit and I've got SS troops in Normandy . I know we all want specific troop types , early , DAK , winter , late , Italians  ::) , but I think  we have to realize  that not every troop type is going to be a money maker , so it won't be produced . We'll just have to kit bash our own , or just make do with what we got . Many troop / vehicle  types are still missing from the 1/35 scale market and that's huge , with a hundred companies of all sizes releasing kits .

Talking about troop types and uniform in various war theaters.  We have been toying with a new idea
regarding digital sculpting.  Here is our general steps of "creating" a brand new plastic figure:

1) To create an initial pose using a digital mannequin.
2) Once approved by the supervisor, will forward sculpting info to sculptor.
3) Sculptor will based on the pose and uniform template to create sculpt.
4) Once done and approved.  Will print out 3D prototype for studio review.
5) Will send back to sculptor for revisions (if any).
6) If not, will proceed to remove undercuts required by mould making.
7) Once done, will send final digital file to mould maker.
8 ) Moulds are done for test shots.
9) Once approved, will start commercial production.

Most figures can be done fairly quickly.  It is the removal of undercuts and mould making that takes
up a lot of the time.

We have been thinking about "in between projects" we can create a whole bunch of general purpose
figures of various poses in different uniforms and nationalities (only repeat Step 1 to 5), print them
out using the highest quality possible on our 3D printer...

AND make resin copies of these for direct sales!  These figures do not have to worry about undercuts
and therefore will be more naturally posed and better sculpt quality as well.  Of course, the cost will
be a little bit higher due to their limited run and production method.

Might be worth a try!
;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:38:05 am by Rubicon Models »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2016, 01:06:34 am »
Sounds like a good plan . Personally I've never really like resin or metal figures that much , although I do have a few . Give me a decent plastic tank crew figure with separate arms and head and I could use him in 20 tank hatches and never have the same looking figure twice . Resin or Metal on the other hand , I usually just get one set of each pose , very little conversion potential . Others , of course may  have different opinions