Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 268003 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Tank Riders 190106
« Reply #540 on: January 06, 2019, 11:45:59 pm »
I would go for the Germans  as I have no interest in the Yanks , sorry Uncle Sam .  ::)  Although I like the German figures shown , I would much rather have a more in action type of pose for them , like your Russians  . The Ivans  look like guys who have just been shot at  and are looking around to see who's been hit and to return fire . Your Germans look like they're bored from a long days travel on the back of a noisy , dusty tank  and can't wait to get off and stretch their legs .  Even the Yanks look a little bored , I could see using them in a diorama of guys sitting around in a ditch having a smoke and swapping stories . Just my impressions from the posted images , you paint them up , move them around on the back  a vehicle covered in stowage and you might change the whole vibe of the figures

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 06, 2019, 11:55:35 pm »
Although I like the German figures shown, I would much rather have a more in action type of pose for them, like your Russians. The Ivans look like guys who have just been shot at and are looking around to see who's been hit and to return fire. Your Germans look like they're bored from a long days travel on the back of a noisy, dusty tank and can't wait to get off and stretch their legs.
In a way, it is true... the Germans were in their early days of Blitzkrieg into Poland with not much of any action.  We will do some mid to late war tank riders with action pose at a later date!  ;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2019, 12:00:58 am »
The Russians are by far the best.  I guess these will be metal?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 07, 2019, 01:18:49 am »
Thinking about it a little more , the Germans would probably work on a Pzr III E or Pzr IV D along with your proposed bicycle troops on the road beside them ,  rolling through the French country side early war .  Nice to hear " in action " type  tank / vehicle riders forth coming

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #544 on: January 09, 2019, 06:49:36 am »
I am with Ripley, I have no interest in the Americans.

I am not too keen on putting metal figures on plastic tanks.

The Russians look like they are riding into battle, the Germans look like they are laagered up somewhere.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 09, 2019, 08:47:35 pm »

I am not too keen on putting metal figures on plastic tanks.

I would also have to agree.

mrdeane

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 12, 2019, 01:24:34 am »
I happen to like the new sculpts! They are more realistic in that they are actually riding the tanks as they would be moving forward, rather that representing the 30 seconds of frenzied action after taking fire and dismounting! Great dio potential as well here!

Old Guard

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 12, 2019, 10:57:17 pm »
tracks, UVS,  why the issue with metal tank riders? Just curious. All the ones I'm aware of (1.35th family being the exception) are metal, so.....?

No issues with the poses. All are welcome to cater for gamer and modeller (who tend to favour 'out of action' poses) alike

Just keep it all coming :)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 13, 2019, 01:00:56 am »
Metal , Resin , Plastic , as they say different stokes ..... I'm much more comfortable with plastic as it's easier , IMO , to attach / glue to model . It's much easier to convert / kit bash , and that's important to me as I like to have 4 , 5 , or even 9 of the same tank   ::)  . If I add a 5 figure set of tank riders to 3 of my tanks , they all look the same . If I build them myself out of plastic , I can mix and match and kit bash to my hearts content .  For example , these guys are kit bashed from the same 3 or 4 bodies from Warlord's plastic Russians

That was my 1st attempt,  only 6 , but with a little tweaking , and the odd arm swap - here's how they finished up

With a little bit of thought you can even make groups of figures that can be used on various vehicles . These 2 are atop 85mm ammo boxes and can be put on my T-34/85 or my Su-85 if I so choose

As a modeller I like variety in and on my tanks , it's the same reason I don't like all the molded on stowage Warlord molds on some of their kits , their new LRDG Jeeps for example , very little room to make your's unique .  I think a set of Rubicon' Russians will end up in my hands at some point , but they'll probably be assigned to different tanks in my swarm
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:12:56 am by ripley »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #549 on: January 14, 2019, 03:32:32 am »
tracks, UVS,  why the issue with metal tank riders?
For me it is basically the balance issue, I feel they make the vehicles top heavy. Adding weight to the hull to counteract it) during construction increases the chance of damage if the model is dropped (plus all the nightmare stories of the combination of PVA glue and lead shot).

This is the reason (nearly a year on from buying the Commonwealth M10 crew) I have not started work on the M10 (that had been on hold since came out due to crew shortage).

I do agree with Ripley about the ease of conversion of plastics

Old Guard

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 14, 2019, 10:58:27 pm »
cheers UVS

Fair point I guess, must confess my latest Stug  (Rubicon of course  :))  has plastic Fallshirmjager that I converted.  i have actually used the metal warlord Stug riders as ordinary troops in ambush.
That said, I guess ultimately its a personal choice, i dont have issue with metal crews ( other that just wanting to have something a little different from time to time

:)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Horse with Cart 190128
« Reply #551 on: January 28, 2019, 03:30:19 pm »
If you remember us posting some digital horse sculpts with harness awhile ago, here are some possibilities from those horses!

Again, these can be used for many historical periods, what do you think?

Enjoy!
;)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 29, 2019, 05:21:02 am »
Maybe its the angle or something, but are horse legs that thin?
Overall, the set looks good. Just concerned about the fragility if the legs are too thin.

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 31, 2019, 01:30:13 am »
Horses look properly proportioned to my eyes.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #554 on: January 31, 2019, 01:49:27 am »
It would be easier to see iwith an "eye level" photograph.

I hope it comes with a knitting pattern for the harness.