Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 267997 times)

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - SdKfz 251 Crew 180612
« Reply #465 on: June 13, 2018, 09:08:22 am »
I love the figures. And kudos to whoever painted them.  I have old eyes as well, but I would get them, and take a shot at painting them ... once they are in Early War uniforms. My entire German Army at this point consists of Warlord Blitzkrieg figures. It will be a long, long time before they are "all done" and I can consider growing into mid-war stuff.

So for me, for now, these are a pass. But I would LOVE to get them if they are ever released in earlier garb.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - German MMG Team at Ease 180622
« Reply #466 on: June 22, 2018, 11:42:35 pm »
Have been busy to get our Q2/18 releases ready for final shipment, hence not much postings.

Here are some more non-combat poses for the German army in mid-war gear composing of a squad leader, an MG gunner, an assistant gunner, an ammo handler and a field officer.

What do you think?

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2018, 01:21:56 am »
Looks like a nice group of figures.  I'd suggest that troops sitting around like this would have ditched most of their gear.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2018, 01:34:32 am »
Nice looking set .  I think they might work in a half track or truck as well , and I can see using  a couple of sets in various combinations to fill out some half manned vehicles I already have if they are not molded to the boxes they're sitting on .  Might be nice to add a couple or three loose  MG ammo boxes as well as a team should carry plenty of ammo .

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2018, 04:15:42 am »
The MG-34 barrel appears too thick.  It looks beer can size imho.  The holding of the MP-40 by the Sergeant also looks unnatural.  i would expect it in his lap or slung on the right shoulder resting on his right thigh.  Though if they are totally at rest then their weapons may be set aside, leaning against things, their torsos slouched forward, elbows on knees.  But there are many various ways people can rest.  Many of the books covering Infantry show them in many different positions when resting.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2018, 07:36:03 am »
Yes the MG barrel does look thick , but it's a computer drawing  . Let's wait till we have some actual plastic / pewter / resin figures to look at .  I can see not liking the poses show , because usually they are pretty close to whats released . But the details of weapons , collars , pocket pleats , etc is bound to change before the final product hits the stores . Not to mention I tend to use  one  brand  of plastic  MG 34 on my vehicles & figures  so I would change it . It wouldn't do to have a guy holding a MG 34 on the seats of the track that's larger / smaller than the ones on the front and rear mounts , hence change to all one brand

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2018, 03:49:40 pm »
The SMG looks like it has replaced a rifle rather than being a completely new pose. I would have thought it would be uncomfortable with the weight of the gun being transmitted by the hard edges of the receiver.

Of course this could be based on an original photograph.

On the MG34 barrel, it did not stand out. I was looking for something more like a Lewis gun from the description. As Ripley said, common versions of weapons across figures and vehicles does look better. I wonder if the barrel is the "Wargamer" scale version?

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2018, 05:54:38 pm »

Just to make sure, these will be 1:56 (28mm) scale, yes?
Metal or plastic?

I like it, but for gaming purposes I am not sure how practical this item will be, but I do see this being a pretty neat Jump-Off Point for the Chain of Command game. The officer pointing to the map helps add character for such use. That is if players would like something different other than what looks like a small ammo/fuel dump. If players are not that strict - because the soldiers are armed - this might also make a good victory objective marker.

Have been busy to get our Q2/18 releases ready for final shipment, hence not much postings.

Looking forward to ordering some of those 222 kits. Sooner the better.  ;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - 15cm Nebelwerfer 41 with Crew 180909
« Reply #473 on: September 09, 2018, 12:29:43 pm »
A new mix-media (resin & pewter) project for our staff-in-training: 15cm Nebelwerfer 41 (15cm NbW41) with crew.
There are some minor issues that needed to be addressed, but the overall design is completed.

Enjoy!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 09, 2018, 01:47:43 pm »
That's looking pretty good . Only thing that jumps out at me is the standing figure . He should be holding the rocket closer to his body as it weights 75 pounds . That weight is not something you would hold away from your body just standing there . . The kneeling figure looks like he's lifting something hefty , and the stance of the guy loading the round looks right for someone shifting that kind of weight .

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 09, 2018, 03:37:38 pm »
What Ripley said. The guys legs are looking a little straight too.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 10, 2018, 01:57:26 am »
The weapon's barrels should be empty unless a rockets has been loaded.

Looking at the crew overall I ponder why not make an artillery crew with empty hands in which the appropriate shell or round could be placed.  The crew could be utilized for other artillery pieces.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 10, 2018, 10:15:54 am »
Very true about the barrels , Jaeger . I missed that  :-[ . The problem  with a generic crew IMO , is that a figure holding a 75 pound Nebelwefer round at waist height  is going to have a difference stance than a guy holding a 25 pound 88mm Flak 36 round at shoulder height , or a guy on his knees holding a 2 pound 37mm Pak 36 round . Its been tried by various 1/35 companies over the years . And while optional arms and rounds are easy to produce , matching up the body postures of the various crew  figures holding the various range of ammo always leaves the figures looking odd .  ::) I like what Rubicon has done with their 4 German  gun crew sets  .  And while a few of the standing  figures could be swapped out , most   look good with their respective guns .

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 10, 2018, 04:10:24 pm »
That was one aspect that popped out at me... why is the crew loading an already loaded Nebelwerfer?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 10, 2018, 04:15:41 pm »
That was one aspect that popped out at me... why is the crew loading an already loaded Nebelwerfer?

The kit will come with both loaded and unloaded tubes, so no worries... ;)