Author Topic: SeaBees  (Read 3562 times)

Tony1955

• Cadet
    • View Profile
SeaBees
« on: March 06, 2020, 09:33:40 pm »
How about a Caterpillar D7 Bulldozer? just the job for building runways on those faraway islands.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SeaBees
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 03:57:14 am »
How about an Armored cab version as seen on both US and British beaches in Normandy ? Maybe as  a resin/pewter kit ?

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 07:02:43 pm »
How about an M3 Medium (Lee/Grant) tank. Something a bit more useful to more people.
I'm just saying.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 08:55:00 pm »
How about an M3 Medium (Lee/Grant) tank. Something a bit more useful to more people.
I'm just saying.
I thought the M3 medium was the next one on the existing M4(A1) pipeline, so it does seem a bit redundant to mention it on someone else's wish list.

How about an Armored cab version as seen on both US and British beaches in Normandy ? Maybe as  a resin/pewter kit ?
Now you have piqued my interest.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 10:39:49 am »
I'm just saying.
I thought the M3 medium was the next one on the existing M4(A1) pipeline, so it does seem a bit redundant to mention it on someone else's wish list.

The M3 Medium (Lee/Grant) is not on any of Rubicon's project lists. It has only been very loosely mentioned in the forums. Talking about something and doing something are two different things in this industry. That being said, this means a Caterpillar D7 Bulldozer is just as likely to be produced.

These days we should count ourselves lucky when it comes to these plastic gaming model kits. Not so long ago – just a few short years really – we were very limited in choice and quality. Now we have a much better choice, but there are still some common items that gamers would like to see released in a good plastic model kit. What I mean by “common items” are items that would see a lot of use on the typical gaming table for games like Bolt Action, Chain of Command, Battleground WW2, Operation Squad, and several other skirmish level type games. Before a Caterpillar D7 Bulldozer, I would think that gamers would want something like an M3 Medium. Would getting a Caterpillar D7 Bulldozer be nice? Well, heck yeah! However, given a choice of which kit we would like to see first, well, I hope that the majority would want to see the M3 Medium (Lee/Grant) before the Caterpillar D7 Bulldozer.

I was also surprised to see that there are no good Caterpillar D7 Bulldozer files for 3D printers.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:42:33 pm by Tracks »

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 07:26:27 pm »
They have said the M3 medium is on their radar once the M4A1 medium is completed.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament