Author Topic: German Troop Transports  (Read 3804 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
German Troop Transports
« on: February 19, 2017, 11:47:03 pm »
1st  the Rubicon Opel Blitz truck . Great model , nothing done to it except use BA heads on the cabin  crew and add metal seated figures to the rear

Next the Rubicon 251  D , anther great kit with loads of options , I built it as  the 251/7  Pionierpanzerwagon

I closed in the space between the bridge supports to add stowage  and added a driver and crew figures

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: German Troop Transports
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:53:16 pm »
This is the BA 251 C kit built as a Platoon leaders vehicle 251/10

I added internal stowage , a 37mm gun kit bashed from the PSC Russian 45mm , ammo boxes are IRC Piko HO scale mail packages as well as a driver and crew . Not long after I finished this, Rubicon released their 251D with the 37mm gun , isn't that always the way it goes  ::)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:03:55 am »
This is the 1st 251 C I built , and of course I had to go all out on this one , Driver , crew , opened rear doors ( a real pain to get the angles right ) , as well added the missing axel supports underneath  as it didn't look right without them .

The figures in the track had legs swapped so they could have one foot on the floor and the other on the seat , the same for the guys bailing out over the sides , just switched legs around . Both the German and Russian plastics are very easy to do this to , as you cut the leg off even with the bottom of their jacket , swap and glue where you want . A lot more bother  to swap Brits and Yanks , trying to get their  crotches to look normal , if you know what I mean  ::)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 01:32:41 am »
Very good.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 03:05:35 am »
Thanks . The 251 with the squad is one of my favorite  builds , not the best kit , but a real nostalgia trip , reminds me of one of my 1st Tamiya builds , 40 odd years ago  ::) .