Author Topic: Accessories  (Read 3764 times)

Klingsor

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Accessories
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:46:05 pm »
A sprue of useful add-ons might be useful. Things like the all-important stowage and jerry cans. Whether as general pieces you can use with (almost) any AFV or more specific ones such as a tarpaulin covered bundle shaped to fit on the engine deck of an M4. The latter really sounds like something that might be better done in resin and if you told me that some of the aftermarket people already make such things for the Rubicon kits I would not be at all surprised.

I am afraid that the more I think about this the less convinced I am that it would be practical proposition but it still seems worth posting and letting others take a crack at it.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »
I agree - accessories in this scale aren't easy to come by (compared to 1/48 scale).  There is a lot of generic stowage that would fit on any vehicle, and everyone used each other's jerrycans.

Klingsor

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:42:16 pm »
They would not just be useful for AFVs but for any vehicle and for set dressing terrain as well. If you are a player of Chain of Command or any other game that uses jump off point, objective or other markers then bits and pieces are great for making them as well.