Author Topic: Panzer III & IV Revisited  (Read 21821 times)

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Panzer III & IV Revisited
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2016, 10:00:33 am »
Although the popularity of late marks with high production numbers is understood, I'd like to submit a contrarian point of view. Panzer IV A, B & C were the only ones to participate in the Polish campaign and at least in the case of B & C remained operational during the French, Balkan and Russian campaigns until withdrawal during 1943. One source I've looked at suggests the B was being operated by 21 Panzer Division in Normandy. Now I'm not suggesting these early Panzer IV's should take precedence over more numerous later marks but I think they can add interest to games over a reasonable number of years. I just hope they remain on a Rubicon to do list, even if no time soon.   

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2016, 10:35:35 am »
tyroflyer, welcome to the forum!

We have basically studied all variants.  The Ausf B & C is indeed of interest subject. 
We might not be able to produce them in plastic for quite a while, but it is not difficult
for us to do something about them in the short term.

In fact, we are do some feasibility studies on short term solutions to release some of
our ongoing projects in a faster manner.  Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:39:14 pm by Rubicon Models »

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2016, 12:46:34 pm »
Thanks Rubicon

The same principle applies to the Panzer III but is even more problematic. Variants A, B, C, D & E served in Poland but most in small numbers. A, B & C had been withdrawn in February 1940. D continued into the Norwegian campaign. Of the Polish veterans only the E continued for some years so far as I am aware. Nonetheless anyone fighting the Polish campaign I'm sure would like a variant that existed at the time. E is the obvious candidate as the most produced of these early versions with the longest service life and therefore useful for later conflicts. One day perhaps.