Author Topic: German AA/AT Guns - 3.7cm FlaK 43 TS2 Painted 190323  (Read 124588 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: German AA/AT Guns - FlaK 38 Gun Crew 171012
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2017, 02:28:02 pm »
Took us a while to turn these figures into 3D prints based on our digital sculpts.
The result is very good.  Everything fits perfectly the first time!

The Flakvierling 38 will come with four German Heer crew – each with separate
figure heads.  We’ve also included the towing trailer as it would be rare to see a
Flakvierling without its means of transport.

The Flakvierling was also to be seen without the protective shields and we’ve
produced the model so you can leave these off if you so desire.

Enjoy!
;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:30:20 pm by Rubicon Models »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2017, 02:48:32 pm »
The figures seem to be significantly better than the previous ones.  There is real depth to the details like the helmets and clothing.  The switch to a lighter coloured plastic will also help a lot. 

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2017, 03:03:20 pm »
The figures seem to be significantly better than the previous ones.  There is real depth to the details like the helmets and clothing.  The switch to a lighter coloured plastic will also help a lot.

We are using the same figure template since day 1 of digital sculpting.  Nothing had changed... except a much better photo booth setup!  :D

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2017, 07:59:55 pm »
Your figures look very good. The only problem that I see is your figure's tunic pockets. There was never a tunic issued to Heer troops that had a  flat pocket flap and pleated pockets together .It was one or the other.
German tunics had pleated pockets up until around 1942. Around 1943, also for economy reasons and ease of assembly, the pocket flap was cut straight across ,until the end of the war.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2017, 12:13:34 am »
They look good (pocket flaps not withstanding).

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2017, 08:11:32 am »
I like them . I can live with wrong  pockets in this scale . Would rather see them out ASAP than sent out for a re sculpt that could take months ( ? ) . Plus the way I over do the GW wash on my figures the pockets won't be seen any way  ::)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2017, 05:41:02 pm »
Your figures look very good. The only problem that I see is your figure's tunic pockets. There was never a tunic issued to Heer troops that had a  flat pocket flap and pleated pockets together .It was one or the other.
German tunics had pleated pockets up until around 1942. Around 1943, also for economy reasons and ease of assembly, the pocket flap was cut straight across ,until the end of the war.

It was the camera that is making the illusion...the pocket flap is not flat. If you look at the digital sculpts a few post earlier, you will see it.  Should have taken the photo with a proper camera instead of a phone one!  :(

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: German AA/AT Guns - FlaK 36/37 initial drawing 171201
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2017, 07:07:04 pm »
To start the month of December, let's have something new!

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2017, 12:06:41 am »
Certainly going to be popular, if previous posts are to be believed.

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2017, 06:15:47 am »
YES!
I want both!
Very iconic field artillery anti-aircraft anti-tank piece.
Limbered and unlimbered?
What about the half track to move it about the battlerfield?
Perfect to oppose Operation Goodwood and tow around desert battlefields to engage British tanks.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2017, 09:13:16 am »
Rubicon showed the designs for the intended gun tractor for this several months ago.  Maybe they are planning a deluxe set with both gun and tractor!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2017, 09:24:34 am »
Love the guns , but want to see the gun crew before getting more than one , ok , more than two  :-[

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2017, 09:45:40 pm »
I'm still waiting to receive my Pak 36, and I cannot wait to order the Pak38 and Pak40 kits once they are available, but after the Pak38 and Pak40 are in my hands, I know I will be ordering one or two Flak36/37 kits when they become available.

Crews:
My only concern would be with the crews. Not just for the Flak36/37, but also with the Pak38 and Pak40. If you make them too anatomically correct, they will not blend in well with other 28mm WW2 miniatures (plastic or metal). Also, they will not be popular with gamers. For some reason gamers hate anatomically correct miniatures. There must be a fine line between anatomically correct and looking "gaming" good.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2017, 10:48:46 pm »
Crews:
My only concern would be with the crews. Not just for the Flak36/37, but also with the Pak38 and Pak40. If you make them too anatomically correct, they will not blend in well with other 28mm WW2 miniatures (plastic or metal). Also, they will not be popular with gamers. For some reason, gamers hate anatomically correct miniatures. There must be a fine line between anatomically correct and looking "gaming" good.

There are just times that we must make our stance.  In the old days of the garage or home-brew foundries, many figures were sculpted anatomically correct; but the final product (the metal figure) was being distorted due to bad rubber mould castings... they got squeezed and deformed.  Of course, there are many factors that lead to the horrible "gorilla" style (some called them heroic-scale to make themselves feel better) human proportion.  We have seen much better sculpts in 15mm and 20mm, so why cannot 28mm?

Our figures are more or less based on the style of the Perry brothers, only slightly bigger to match the size of other metal figures in the market.  Don't think you will notice a big difference between our figures and from other manufacturers when placed on the gaming table.

If you look at the 28mm market right now, many manufacturers had begun to sculpt anatomically correct figures, both plastic and metal, to reflect a change of style because it is just wrong to sculpt these figures incorrectly!

;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2017, 12:51:10 am »
IMO Rubicon's figures work well with the other plastic , metal and resin figures I have . All though it's nice to see uniform size and shape men on the gaming table , in reality people come in all shapes and sizes . And as long as the gear and personal weapons the figures come with , match the other brands you have it will work . Guys use 1/35 & 1/32 figures in 1/32  aircraft dioramas all the time due to lack of options in 1/32 . If all have the same rifle , canteen , mess kit , etc it works . IRC  helmets came in various sizes , ( US - 3 & German - 5 ), so you don't have to worry about that although you do have to pick and choose as some company 's figures are all over the place on scale , even in the same kit ( early MiniArt ) . I know I've rambled on a bit about 1/35 , but that's a scale I've had lots of experience with , having built WW 2 figures from maybe 20 different companies over the years . In 28mm we only have Warlord , PSC  , Perry , and Rubicon making WW 2 plastics , with PSC making 3 kits and Perry 2 . Warlord has about a dozen , and they have changed in size since their first releases , the late war German and the Brits  are not as heroic as the last few kits, with  the German weapons sprue  rifles being  much more to scale than the new ones , but you tend to break them easier . Perrys are on the slight size , and PSC are a little on the ape ugly size , but as modellers we should be able to mix and match and end up with unique , great looking figures , I think I do ,now if I could just improve my painting

OK , this might be pushing it a little  :D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:53:59 am by ripley »