Author Topic: Tiger 1 early production  (Read 4757 times)

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Tiger 1 early production
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:49:06 pm »
My Tiger 1

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Tiger 1 early production
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:55:49 pm »
Lovely, especially the sand effects.

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 10:53:24 am »
Thanks

chrismanu87

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 08:26:04 pm »
Hi man,great work...is this a real paint scheme?I would use it on my future tiger....

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 09:08:25 am »
If your going to build the early Tiger with rubber wheels , air filters on the rear deck and drum commander's cupola , then yes a Panzer Grey scheme can be used .  Steel wheel Tigers were all Panzer Yellow and various cammo schemes . Tigers are a real can of worms , it seems like after every 25 or so built , they changed something at the factory . 1st ones had 2 pistol ports , no rear escape hatch , then some had stowage  bins added  on each side of the turret , then they used  the bin from  Panzer IIIs , then one specifically designed for the Tiger , then they added the escape hatch . Confused yet ? Wait there's more ! The layout of the tow cables , the tools and the position of the headlights also changed at various times . Lots of fun to kit bash at 1/35 scale , not so much at 1/56 . The Rubicon kit builds up nice as in Steve's pictures , the only things about the kit that I didn't like was the bow machine gun , (  looked odd , not a mg 34 ) and there was no hand wheel for the inside of the loaders hatch ( added one from my railroad parts ) .  Not really big deals  ::) . So build and enjoy

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:33 pm »
Yes real paint scheme....more than a few of the early production tiger 1 s were painted  panzer grey.

chrismanu87

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 05:33:34 pm »
Thanks