Author Topic: Soivet Armour  (Read 5235 times)

Miniaturegamer72

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Soivet Armour
« on: September 21, 2015, 06:24:32 am »
Any thoughts on an IS2 or any of the KV series?

Klingsor

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Soivet Armour
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 07:08:29 pm »
The KV series is rather important and the KV-2 has a lot of freakshow appeal.

The house opposite now have a resin T-70 which is a lovely looking little AFV that might be worth looking at for doing in plastic.

The T-26 is numerous and important but comes in a bewildering number of versions and would be risky.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:36:29 pm »
The KV series is rather important and the KV-2 has a lot of freakshow appeal.

The KV2 does have a bit of a starring role in the manga Grey, which does make it appealing.

The T-26 is numerous and important but comes in a bewildering number of versions and would be risky.

Rubicon had a render of a T26 on one of the threads.

It (and the Polish equivalent) would make good early war tanks, together with the Panzer 38(T) and one of the early Cruisers (still want a Matilda 2 but that actually had armour).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:46:23 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 11:40:45 pm »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:42:18 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 12:03:30 am »
 All good choices , but it's the KV II I really want in plastic , and the KV based SU 152  :) . With Rubicon producing vehicles with crew sets , I think a SU 76 would fit the bill quite nicely . The BA  resin one , just doesn't do it for me like a plastic kit would .

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 04:34:16 am »
I know what you mean.

I am now only buying resin kits from certain companies (Empress, Evil Bear) whose kits I am happy with, and very few of them do WW2 kits.

aphillathehun

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:50 am »

I love the Soviet armor that is coming out.  I'm psyched about the SU-122. 

I don't suppose there is any chance to do a revised design on the tracks on the T-34, or a version of the tracks, that show the waffle pattern that was so common on Soviet armor?

And I'm wondering if you'd consider a Soviet stowage set that included a spare T-34 transmission?  I've seen a few photographs of T-34s with a spare transmission strapped on back.

Or, with the bedspring side armor that some vehicles used in hopes of diminishing the effects of panzerfaust?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 08:29:50 am »
I'm just putting the decals and crews on my 2 SU-122 / 85s . Yes you can build the kit so both upper hulls can be used . Its not a snap fit , but it does hold together well . You just have to watch how close you mount the fuel drums to the rear crew compartment plate .  Fairly easy to cut open the drivers hatch area on the 85 , but your driver figure ends up just being a head  because of how the kit hull is designed .   All I needed to add is an un ditching log and some tow cables . Any idea when a Soviet stowage set will be  produced ? Logs I can get / make . Soviet T-34 style tow cable ends , not so much  ::)   Another item for the set could be a spare drive sprocket . Lots of pictures of early war T-34/76s with a spare sprocket on the hull side  ( I made one by using the parts  that go against either side of  the hull.  When the track is mounted this part can't be seen , so why not use it as stowage ) As well we could use some  spare track in the 2 and  3 link  pieces size and  some stacked track pieces , like the parts  molded on the fenders on your T-34/76 .