Author Topic: British Tanks? What British Tanks?  (Read 73936 times)

Durham_red

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: British Tanks? What British Tanks?
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2015, 06:27:59 pm »
I'd really like to see the Valentine and Matilda variants but my first choice would be the M7 Priest Which could possibly include the defrocked priest and the Kangaroo variants. This would also be useful for the US army.

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2015, 03:45:43 am »
Sherman m4a4 and Churchill mk3 or 4 would be my choices
can do lots with those

bull-nut

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2015, 06:20:54 am »
On the subject of early war tanks. How about the A9 and A10 cruisers? It might be possible to get both tanks and the CS versions into one box, in a simliar manner to what PSC are planning with their 15mm version, as I dont think there were very many detail differences between the two. Might have to check that when I go down to Bovington for Tankfest in a few weeks. Would there be any interest in some walkaround photo's?
As an added bonus, the lower hull and running gear might be usable for other vehicles such as Infantry tank mk111 Valentine, SP 25lbr Bishop and SP 17lbr Archer. Though there may be a lack of interest in that last one, I don't think all that many were built.

Also, now that the Crusader is apparently getting close to release, how about the Staghound armoured  car? The Mk111 version used the turret from the Crusader Mk111. It would be great if you could add in some Tulip rocket rail as well

Sorry, I know it seems like I want everything ( maybe I do?). I'm rather passionate when it comes to British armoured vehicles, and I may get carried away with what I'd like to see made in plastic.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:59:58 am by bull-nut »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:56 am »
bull-nut, thanks for the wish list.  Choosing the right British tank is a difficult task.  While most have very small production quantity or rarely seen war action, some are too complicated to produce without careful planning.  The A15 Crusader took us a long time to come up with a good design.  We will continue to explore the various possibilities as we improve our design skills.

Being that said, armoured cars offered a lot of viable options.  We are studying them now and don't be surprise to see a project or two in 2016!

;)

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2015, 05:26:32 pm »
I'd like a Valentine and/or a Matilda II.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 10:02:16 pm »
Being that said, armoured cars offered a lot of viable options.  We are studying them now and don't be surprise to see a project or two in 2016!

I would love to see some British armoured cars - especially the Humber and Daimler.

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2015, 02:18:33 am »
there is a lot of difference between the a9 and a10, the a9 is longer for a start and the hulls are only similar from the rear of the turret backwards.
good suggestion but will need 2 different kits.
Churchill mk3 & 4 would be best imho

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2015, 06:14:54 pm »
I would be interested in Normandy Era Churchills and British usable Shermans (though as I own a number of Sherman I kits from Nottingham, Sherman V would be my preference). An AVRE would require more sprues than the Tiger - I suspect the Churchill would be minimum four sprues anyway.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2015, 09:29:09 pm »
I'm also hoping Rubicon turn their attention to those subjects.  I don't mind which Sherman it is, provided it has the option of being built as a Firefly.  Which means a Sherman I, Sherman II or Sherman V...

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2015, 10:18:46 pm »
Rubicon do one tank (not including other AFVs) suitable for British use in Northern Europe, but the Coldstream Guards's Cuckoo had Zimmerit. ^____^

My preference would be a Sherman V, second a II, which would appear to be rarer as a Firefly. A Sherman I hybrid would be an alternative. Is the front of a I hybrid the same as a II (I have read of conversions that use the front off of the cast II hull to make a hybrid? Would that make a suitable multi kit?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:25:32 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 03:26:45 am »
there was never a Sherman 2 firefly, as far as I can tell.
the sherman 1 hybrid would be ok, but a Sherman 1 would be ok as a firefly.
a Sherman 5 would be best imho!
of course italeri/warlord do a Sherman 1 so doing the same type would be daft, so go for a mk5 lots of conversion potential
or a Sherman 2, but less conversions done.
Churchill mk3 or 4 and avre

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 12:55:22 pm »
there was never a Sherman 2 firefly, as far as I can tell.
the sherman 1 hybrid would be ok, but a Sherman 1 would be ok as a firefly.
a Sherman 5 would be best imho!
of course italeri/warlord do a Sherman 1 so doing the same type would be daft, so go for a mk5 lots of conversion potential

No, you're right - there was no Sherman IIc (it seems uncertain whether 'Firefly was an official name). 

I like the look of the Sherman Ic hybrid, and I thought if Rubicon could squeeze in both the original Sherman I hull and the hybrid hull, plus the Firefly upgrade, it would be a versatile kit. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:47:30 am by Pinky »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 02:11:23 pm »
From field intelligence, some one else is working on a plastic M4A4 / Firefly Vc combo... we have hence put on hold the development until further notice!

::)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2015, 06:01:13 pm »
From field intelligence, some one else is working on a plastic M4A4 / Firefly Vc combo... we have hence put on hold the development until further notice!

::)

That makes sense, so how is the Churchill research going ^__^?

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2015, 06:05:52 pm »
Or valentine?  ;)