Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 263270 times)

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - US HMG Team 170907
« Reply #360 on: September 25, 2017, 02:35:28 am »
Ooooo.. will there be a redeploying version too?

This is a heavy crew served weapon. 
Component Part   Weight (in pounds)
Receiver group:   60
Barrel:   Approximately 24
M3 tripod mount:   44
Total weight:   Approximately 128

The gun with barrel is 84 pounds.  Removing the barrel and reinstalling it after movement would require using the head space and timing gauge to ensure the gun would operate correctly after movement.

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Soldiers of WW2 170923
« Reply #361 on: September 25, 2017, 02:53:00 am »
Rubicon look determined to go down this road. Attempts to nudge them to concentrate on the vehicles are unlikely to succeed.

Don't think we can last too long if we are to focus just on 1/56 scale plastic vehicles.  As a company, we do need to diversify and to embrace a broader range of products.  This year being "Year of the Allies" for our 1/56 plastic vehicles, the other undisclosed (until now) company goal is to establish a foothold in other new ranges within 2017.

;)

Cold war and Middle East conflicts offer opportunities for more Armored Fighting Vehicles.  The T-44 was developed near the end of WWII but with a new turret and 100mm gun became the T-54/55.  Korea, the Middle East and Vietnam saw vehicles that were part of WWII such as the T-34/85, M4A3E8 and others soldiering on in Korea and the Middle East.
So existing kits could be re-purposed/updated but new vehicles would be required.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 25, 2017, 01:59:54 pm »
The need to diversify is understood.  I'm just not sure where this range fits in (I assume they're not aimed at the 1/35 market).  There are niche markets for figures like this in various scales; they used to be metal but now they're mostly resin.  But these don't seem to offer anything over existing models, except being plastic.

They're proof of concepts though. They're showing off the uniforms weapons and proportions of the models. With it being rendered, they can pose them in any way they want. They're not all going to be posed liketheyre a statue.

Speaking to a lot of gamers about rubicons intentions in the 28mm miniature market, there is a lot of interest in this. In either plastic or metal.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2017, 03:48:37 pm »
They're proof of concepts though. They're showing off the uniforms weapons and proportions of the models. With it being rendered, they can pose them in any way they want. They're not all going to be posed like theyre a statue.

That may be the case, but I'm still not sure what demand these figures are supposed to meet.  The best larger scale models are far more natural looking, and resin is arguably a better medium than plastic for larger figures because it holds texture and detail, and you don't have to worry about undercuts.  It's also a narrow market - narrower than the 28mm market.

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2017, 08:35:08 pm »
I don't know what evidence Rubicon are using that makes them believe there will be a lot of demand for these figures. Perhaps it's a hunch. I had thought the main aim was to provide 28mm compatible miniatures for Bolt Action or equivalent level wargames. In that regard only the surface has been scratched thus far. The possible subjects for miniaturisation in 28mm are almost endless. An Sd Ffz 231 may not be high on the list of most modellers wish lists but I'd buy one. Quite obscure vehicles are available in plastic in smaller and larger scales so I can't see why they wouldn't sell in 1/56 scale. Anyway, if I were Mr Rubicon I'd be charging ahead with 1/56 scale WW11 vehicles and diversify in the following priority order;

- 1/56 scale vehicles for earlier and later periods
- smaller scale vehicles compatible with existing wargame figure sizes

I'd largely give the figures a miss except to ensure their compatibility with Rubicon vehicles. I'd also steer clear of models in larger scales. I think those are getting too big to fit comfortably on gaming tables and if I wanted to build them for display or a diorama I'd prefer the highly detailed models currently available.

Just my two cents worth. If I was smart I'd probably be rich and I'm not!

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2017, 01:54:50 pm »
Demand for true scale infantry for wargaming purposes is pretty huge to be honest.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Seated German Medic 170926
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2017, 05:44:48 pm »
Seated German Medic, a set of 4 figures...

Enjoy!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Seated German Medic 170926
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2017, 08:26:48 pm »
Very nice . I can see using these figures as molded  in a 251/8 ( guess I need to get another 251 kit )  or as base to kit bash tank riders . Love my tank riders  ;D  .How about molding a wounded figure to fit the stretcher in your 251/8 ?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - US GI Relax Poses 171006
« Reply #368 on: October 06, 2017, 11:28:24 pm »
Some GI Joe in marching pose, still WIP but taking shape!

Enjoy!
;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:06:56 pm by Rubicon Models »

jdg

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2017, 06:19:10 am »
So you going to release very late war with the M45 web gear which was fairly rarely seen during the war. well at least they would be useful for Korea
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:23:34 am by jdg »

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2017, 09:44:02 am »
The U.S. sculpts are not wearing very late uniforms or web gear. The M-41 field jacket is a little long on the torso,but otherwise correct. They are wearing the 1938 leggings and boots,and not the late war double buckle boots. From the front, the 1923 cartridge belt and suspenders are correct for the entire war, the only difference would be the color, earlier war would be a light olive/ khaki color, and late war would be a dark olive drab. It's difficult to view their field packs from the angle of the sculpts

jdg

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2017, 01:28:50 pm »
No they are not wearing the M41 jacket they are wearing the M43 jacket. Your right about the leggings, As for the web gear they are wearing the M45 field pack with the butt pack extension you it's pretty easy to tell on the second figure.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2017, 05:51:54 pm »
I don't think they've got the proportions of these quite right yet.  They look rather child-like (as compared to the Warlord figures, which tend to look a bit ape-like).  Especially 'Mat Damon' in the middle.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2017, 06:03:07 pm »
I thought that was Brad Pitt.

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2017, 10:17:16 pm »
The M43 jacket had four patch pockets on it. These figures do not have patch pockets on them. The length of the jacket does make it look like the later M43. The smaller pouch on the figures is a bandage pouch attached to the cartridge belt, not a pocket
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:20:26 pm by H0ffmn »