Author Topic: A Quick Update – Jun 2, 2015  (Read 4629 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
A Quick Update – Jun 2, 2015
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:25:15 pm »
A Quick Update – Jun 2, 2015

Here is another quick update on what we are doing:

German Stowage Kit #1 – We have just signed the release of the mould for commercial production.  The kit will be available for late June release.

Various German Waterslide Decals – We will be releasing a total of 7 waterslide decals for our German gamers.  These decals will cover all Panzer Divisions (3 sets), all Heavy Panzer Battalions (2 sets), all SS Panzer Divisions (1 set), and all divisions for the African Campaign (1 set).  The decal sets will be available for late June release.

M5A1 Stuart (Early & Late Production) / M5A1 Reece – This is a 2 sprue kit that will enable you to either build a M5A1 as an early or late production light tank or a M5A1 recon vehicle.  Mould is done and is now under testing and adjustment.  The kit will be available for late June release.

M8 Scott / M5A1 Stuart (Late Production) – This is also a 2 sprue kit which will enable you to build either a M8 Scott howitzer or a M5A1 Stuart (late production) light tank.  Mould is done and is now under testing and adjustment.  The kit will be available for late June release.

A15 Crusader I / II / III / AA – The most important British tank of the North African Campaign, this is a 3 sprue kit which will enable you to build SIX variants of the A15 Crusader; this include the Mk I / I CS / II / II CS / III / AA.  The “CS” stands for “Close Support” which mounted a 3 inch howitzer in the turret instead of the 2-pounder.  Mould is almost done, and should be available for testing soon!  Hopefully will make it for July release…

M3 / M3A1 Half Track – This will be a 2 sprue kit (with a separate one piece truck body) which enables you to build either a M3 or M3A1 Half Track vehicle.  Because of the limited space on the two sprues, we are not able to include the various canvas tops to this kit.  We have included other options, such as machine guns, rear racks, and containers instead.  This kit should be able for Q3/15 (Sept) release.

M3 Half Track Expansion Kit #1 – This expansion kit will include the M21 MMC and the various canvas tops for the M3/M3A1 Half Track kit.  Also included is a standalone M1 81mm mortar and portable radio.  This kit should be able for Q3/15 (Sept) release.

Opel Blitz – We probably will rename this kit to “SdKfz 305 3-ton 4x2 Cargo Truck” because of IP related concerns.  It will still be an Opel Blitz!  This will be a 2 sprue kit (with a separate engine & driver compartment) which enables you to build an Opel Blitz 3-ton cargo truck.  Also included is a canvas top with closed or open rear tarpaulin cover, and optional seats and fuel cans.  This kit should also be able for Q3/15 (Sept) release.

M8 Greyhound / M20 Armoured Utility Car – Hopefully this can be a 2 sprue kit.  You should be able to build either a M8 Greyhound or a M20 Armoured Utility Car.  With careful planning, you should be able to swap the vehicle tops to make them interchangeable if you wanted.  Final drawings are now approved, and queuing up for mould making.  Should see final product for Q3/15 (Sept) release.

Rumours – Rumours had it we are working on yet another US armoured vehicle, this time British gamers will be able to use it as well.  Work had also begun on a new German tank too!  We are also reviewing the possibility of adding two more expansion kits to the SdKfz 251/1 Ausf D family; hopefully this will add at least SIX more variants to your collection!

That’s it for now!  In the meantime, please enjoy our released kits!  Buy more to keep us working!

;)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:05:30 am by Rubicon Models »

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: A Quick Update – Jun 2, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:18:52 am »
Sounds great! I'm looking forward to summer :-)

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:43:14 am »
some nice stuff coming along then,

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:59:29 am »
Really looking forward to this month's releases.  I'll certainly be buying several of the Stuart variant kits, and a stack of accessory sets.  I'll certainly pick up a couple of Crusaders too.  It's a shame the Opel has been pushed back, as I am also keen to get some of those.  But it means September will be a big month, as your M8/M20 is looking great.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:02:36 am by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 08:00:25 am »
Great news . Guess I'll have to find a second job to help pay for all my hobby " wants ".

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 09:42:41 am »
It's a shame the Opel has been pushed back, as I am also keen to get some of those.  But it means September will be a big month, as your M8/M20 is looking great.
Our mould making facility is basically in full capacity, don't want to give them too much pressure.  Quality control is our top priority.  Would rather be late than an inferior product for our customers!  We had been updating our 3D drawings on the open tops (Opel Blitz / M3/M3A1) and the M8/M20 to improve features and details.  September is just an estimate, might be able to release all three in August depending on workload...