Author Topic: my t34  (Read 3345 times)

Garga

• Cadet
    • View Profile
my t34
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:48:10 am »
I love this model and enjoyed painting it... i was very happy of it until i saw other works in this forum... anyway it will crush some enemy tank pretty soon

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: my t34
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:28:48 pm »
If you're comparing yours to Piers B's, then I share your sense of inadequacy - my painting isn't up to his standard either!  But your T-34 is a very nice gaming model, and I like your dybrushed weathering.  My only suggestion for next time is to take a bit of time to fill the gaps (e.g. on the turret).  Rubicon models go together very nicely, but there are always minor gaps on any model that need some filling.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 05:31:19 pm by Pinky »

Garga

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: my t34
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 05:53:37 pm »
Thanks pinky,
it's true about the gaps in the turret they are quite visible... actually i only spot some error looking at the pictures after finishing... this time i was eager to try the new airbrush that santa brought to me !...

Anyway I use models to play so I always try a good compromise between time and effect.. the mud is done with a mixture of plaster sand and glue plus some color. It makes the dark (wet) base that i then dry brush with sand color to get the drying mud. overall i like the effect.
The I put some sand pigment overall to get the dusty effect and fix with matt cote airbrushed.

i did not put (as i did in previous models) the black/grey spots... it's very time consuming and overall I don't like the exceedingly weathered vehicles...