Author Topic: Stuart  (Read 4214 times)

Patrick R

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Stuart
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:08:32 pm »
What about doing the M3 and M5 Stuart family ? With maybe the M8 HMC and Kangaroo versions as options ?

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Stuart
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:30:33 am »
I second the Stuart!!

Cat

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:56:27 am »
A kit that could swap between the Stuart, Jalopy, and M8 would be sweet!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 01:13:44 pm »
The problem with a M5 Stuart and a M8 GMC kit is too many variables apart from the wheels and track . You would have to have 2 full bodies , 2 different turrets , plus gun breech and internal stuff for the M8 . It seems to me that Rubicon wants to get the maximum variation on vehicle type with a minimum of extra parts . It's a great idea , but our wanting a M5/M8 combo won't fit their plan . Maybe a M5 / Kangaroo combo with Cullin Cutter , that large bustle stowage rack and add on sand bag spaced armour  might be possible . Maybe if there's   enough interest they can do a M8 with ammo trailer at a later date .

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 03:35:19 pm »
The problem with a M5 Stuart and a M8 GMC kit is too many variables apart from the wheels and track . You would have to have 2 full bodies , 2 different turrets , plus gun breech and internal stuff for the M8 . It seems to me that Rubicon wants to get the maximum variation on vehicle type with a minimum of extra parts . It's a great idea , but our wanting a M5/M8 combo won't fit their plan . Maybe a M5 / Kangaroo combo with Cullin Cutter , that large bustle stowage rack and add on sand bag spaced armour  might be possible . Maybe if there's   enough interest they can do a M8 with ammo trailer at a later date .
Ripley, you are spotted on about the issue.  As our Q1/15 projects are inching towards their finish line, we are about to start our Q2/15 projects.

Even though we have a tentative schedule, the decision about which project to start first is basically influenced by forum and Facebook feedback; and sometimes by other manufacturers' releases.

Not a promise to do a M5.  Based on our available research, the M5 is small enough to be a 2 sprue kit, but with available variants such as the M5, M5A1, M8 and Kangaroo, we might be able to do an all-in-one kit with 3 sprues.  Of course our production cost will be higher!  From a gamer's perspective, the M5 being a light tank or a recee vehicle, is it worth the hard cash to buy one (you basically only need one per army)?  These are some of the factors we have to consider too!

;)

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:17:28 pm »
I vote for the Stuart also. A  M-3 or M-3A1 preferably, but a M-5 and a M-5A1 would  be good as well