Author Topic: Bergepanther Help  (Read 9800 times)

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Re: Bergepanther Help
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 01:48:57 am »
Right, done! Few odd bit i'll sort out at the end and add some stowage etc and tarps.

Few bits off scale a bit, like the crane. I only have 1.5mm chain and was limited on what part i had to make it. It's actually the 2nd attempt as the 1st was awful haha

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:52:24 am by neffer38 »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 04:52:28 am »
It turned out really nice . Sometimes when you kit bash / scratch a kit you have to make a few compromises depending  on your building skills , the contents of your parts box , and if you intend the vehicle , figure , terrain piece to be a major player in your game or just a back ground bit player , ie: a burned out tank as scenery piece ( great use for those old BA resin kits  ;D ) I can't wait to see this kitty painted up and decaled

somtec

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 02:24:30 pm »
Dont know anything about bergpanthers but love looking at scratchbuilds/conversions and this certainly looks the part, cracking job

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 10:25:49 pm »
Getting to the painting has taken some time as I had to get back into work this week (into the actual office) and me and dad polished off a bottle of scotch last night between us whilst watching Spanish spy's of the 2nd world war, documentary's. As I'm working from home today its nice to be able to do a bit of painting during my lunch break.

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 10:28:58 pm »
Dont know anything about bergpanthers but love looking at scratchbuilds/conversions and this certainly looks the part, cracking job

Thanks! I'm new to them as well tbh. I know what they are and their use but , whilst doing a model like this and doing the research you find out all those extra odd bits, plus a few mistakes (luckily the MG was an easy fix due to a  clean cut).

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 11:50:33 pm »
You might want to check a Takom or Meng BergeP paint guide , not all the crew compartment was off white , IRC the floor was primer , transmission , brake assemblies a blue/green . And of course this changed over the course of the war due to paint shortages

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2020, 07:03:10 am »
You might want to check a Takom or Meng BergeP paint guide , not all the crew compartment was off white , IRC the floor was primer , transmission , brake assemblies a blue/green . And of course this changed over the course of the war due to paint shortages

HAHA I was hoping you might comment on that. I'll have a look. I primed the inside red to start then did the crew area off white wondering if that was right or not.

I've found Instagram had a great lot of images of other models at lots of views so was good for the building bit but i was wondering if I may fall into a trap of following another's mistake .
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:05:05 am by neffer38 »

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 07:16:23 am »

I'm procrastinating over other bits now

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 09:51:06 am »
I've never really found a museum walkaround picture set that shows the  full interior of any tank  . Either parts are missing , various bits are cobbled together to make it look complete , or the photographer couldn't access the complete interior ( or he didn't care to shoot the parts I'm interested in  :o ) As the Germans pretty much followed the same  color pattern on the interior of their tanks ( floor - primer , Transmission - blue/green ) you can piece the puzzle  together by checking out various photos of other German tanks .  You might also look for modeler's builds on Missing-Lynx , the guys there are pretty knowledgeable , some of them being well respected authors in the field of WW2 tanks , plus  guys who advise Dragon / Tamiya / etc on their kit research ( not always listen to  ::) ) and guys who design / sell after market resin / PE . If a kit build can make it there without getting "corrected " by the experts , I would say its a good example of how to build / paint any kit

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2020, 08:45:47 am »
Slowed down a bit on this after the weekend as back into the office once again. Went for the half and half red and dunkelgelb for the interior in the end.

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 04:06:42 am »
Sorry it's taken 2 week to do final touches lol I got carried away on a  few other projects as well as getting sucked into to some work bits.

Heisler

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 05:04:56 am »
That is some beautiful work

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 10:11:15 am »