Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Showcase & Gallery / Re: UVS models
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on Today at 01:03:21 AM »
Thanks.

I saw a reference to double jerry cans after I had added that one. Other photographs show racks of jerry cans where the tanks have been added. Again after I started.

Ho hum, maybe next one.

I do need to add some straps to the ammo boxes. I did see one photograph with a box on the mudguard, the Rubicon ammo crate was too large. Now I can only find a reenactor one.

Still lots to add.

I will see if Hobby R Uz have the Tamiya liquid poly.
General Discussions / Re: Q4 New Releases - Which Models?
« Last post by Rubicon Models on Today at 12:25:34 AM »
Q3 and Q4 usually are very busy for us, not particularly Rubicon Models product, but OEM-wise.

For Q3 each year, no matter how careful we scheduled our work and releases, the week-long Chinese National holiday ALWAYS messed up our new releases.  And Q4 is when basically ALL our OEM customers getting their stuff ready for Christmas.

Not sure if we will be late for Q4 again, we do have several surprises... wait until mid-November to find out!

PS: You can make an educated guess what is coming... might have a free Christmas gift for you... if you get it right!
;)
« Last post by Pinky on Today at 12:07:56 AM »
Good to see someone tackling the SAS version.  How are the crew?  They look very similar to Perry plastic 8th Army.

I like the soft stowage, as always.  The row of ammo boxes on the mudguard looks wrong though.  They're too wide and would probably get lost too easily.  And the extra fuel tanks were a post-North Africa feature.  There'd be a second spare on the rear rather than a single jerrycan.

I use Tamiya liquid cement for these kits.  And superglue to add any non-Rubicon stuff.
General Discussions / Q4 New Releases - Which Models?
« Last post by EarlyWarGamer on Today at 12:05:54 AM »
We are nearly 3 weeks into Q4 and I am just wondering when we find out which models have been chosen to represent the Rubicon Offerings for the last quarter of the year?
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on October 22, 2017, 11:28:39 PM »
So, after a bit of an absence, and only just over a month after buying it, I have started work on a Commonwealth Jeep.

This is going to go with the Perry Miniatures 8th Army figures, so LRDG Keffiyehs and guns, lots of guns.

Having looked at the Bolt Action Armies of Great Britain list, the (SAS) gun jeep has a forward facing HMG, either a LMG or MMG also firing forward, and twin rear firing LMG or MMG. The kit has the HMG, one forward firing BREN LMG (or a Vickers K MMG) and twin rear firing Vickers K MMG. So the twin rear mount was added to the back of the body.

As mentioned on the Studebaker build, I had difficulty getting the Rubicon ABS to notice the Humbrol liquid poly (and it is a newly opened bottle). This was an issue in assembling the wings, grille, chassis and upper body as there were no location tabs/pins.

There was also a fill issue on the upper body (just visible on the rear shot). Not a problem with the stowage festooned LRDG vehicle I was building.

I needed another crew member to operate the rear guns, so there is a kneeling Perry figure just placed for testing.

So, here is the state of play of the build (one shot is a bit earlier in the build).

I have used the rucksacks from the Allied Stowage set, fixed and filled with Greenstuff.

Thread was wrapped around the bumper to simulate a tow rope.

Besides needing some arms, the Perry figure will have his Keffiyeh extended further with Greenstuff.

Once that figure is completed I can pack the rest of the vehicle with stowage.
Wish Lists / Re: Some suggestions for kits as well as a wish list.
« Last post by tyroflyer on October 22, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
I'd be interested in the first four on this list. The two tanks are particularly important.
Work In Progress / Re: Production Schedule - Updated 171019
« Last post by Rubicon Models on October 21, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »
When will the French (ex Neucraft) resin kits be released? Can't see them on the schedule, but knowing that the decals and instructions are all done, I had expected to see them in the next release?

Everything is being done, now awaiting QC and packaging.
« Last post by ripley on October 21, 2017, 10:47:44 AM »
Company B make short lengths ( 1 3/4 inches  X 4pcs ) of pewter Sherman track . Might be worth looking into , I have their Sherman Bulldozer  Blade kit and it's pretty good
Work In Progress / Re: Production Schedule - Updated 171019
« Last post by Captain Blood on October 21, 2017, 04:56:47 AM »
When will the French (ex Neucraft) resin kits be released? Can't see them on the schedule, but knowing that the decals and instructions are all done, I had expected to see them in the next release?
Work In Progress / Re: Digital Sculpts - RM Trophy 171020
« Last post by Rubicon Models on October 20, 2017, 11:26:20 PM »
This is not something we do every day.  We did this trophy sculpt between jobs.

It is fun and quick to do, it measured 311mm (H) x 153mm (W), just over 12 inches high.

Figure busts on a stone pillar from five major WW2 nations!

Enjoy!
;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10