Author Topic: Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730  (Read 264193 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Digital Sculpts - German Officer in Heer Uniform 200730
« on: July 25, 2015, 12:21:35 am »
Digital Sculpt - Russian Truck Driver

Even though we have acquired a digital sculpting machine for a while, we have never really put it to good use.  To be proficient, you need a lot of practice and complicated by our heavy workload, we have basically done nothing significant in terms of production work... may be a few canvas tops, tarpaulins, and rucksacks.

During our last two production meetings, we have discussed about new projects for 2016 releases.  Our studio staff unanimously agreed we need to speed up the adaptation process to go FULL digital sculpting.  After a week of fiddling with the sculpting station, here is our first digital sculpt figure we produced!

Close Up View:

Test Fitting:

Comments welcome!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:35:29 pm by Rubicon Models »

Bruno_015

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpt - Russian Truck Driver
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 01:17:14 am »
Wow thanks guys!! Looks really cool, detailed and anatomically correct (not big headed and even bigger hands). I'm a huge Rubicon fan, but one of the things that was pushing me back from buying open toped Rubicon vehicles was the crew... and well.... you seem to start sorting that out!
I got a question, how are you planning to implement this on previously released vehicles? I guess than in future ones, you will include them on the box. Maybe a solution could be sell them separately. That could work for "closed" topped tanks, as the crew only sticks out of the hatch. For open topped could be more difficult as each vehicle would have his own specific crew. Anyway, I'm sure you will sort it out as always!!!
Good luck and thanks!!

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 01:43:13 am »
I got a question, how are you planning to implement this on previously released vehicles? I guess than in future ones, you will include them on the box. Maybe a solution could be sell them separately. That could work for "closed" topped tanks, as the crew only sticks out of the hatch. For open topped could be more difficult as each vehicle would have his own specific crew. Anyway, I'm sure you will sort it out as always!!!
Making mould for figures require slightly different method than making vehicles.  We still need to master the technique before we go into figures en-masse.

As for existing kits, we probably will release two supplement products next year to fill the gap.  Please wait for official announcement.

;)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:26:31 am »
Time for jeeps! ;)
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 03:41:58 pm »
And Kuebelwagen or Schwimmwagen!

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 12:46:34 am »
Looks good!

Allan

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 12:54:50 am »
Making plastic crew figures available would be a very popular move.

A commander figure in each new tank kit and a driver for soft skins would be helpful.

Separate crew packs to buy as options would suit gamers like me who tend to add 'full' crew compliments to vehicles.

A set for each nation, German, Soviet, British and US, with torsos and legs, with heads and arms would be the way to go. The ability to add alternative heads & arms plus weapons and personal equipment could be met from the spares box by those who want additional crew or passengers.

If artillery or SPG are to be added to your range a source of arms holding shells, rammers etc would be welcome.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Various 151023
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 12:02:43 am »
Here is the 2nd version of our Digital Test Sculpt. The size and proportion is an in-between Perry's and the generic wargaming figure.
We would like to create something that is (at least close to) anatomically correct, yet easy to paint and being able to be tough enough to handle on the gaming table.

A familiar face... we certainly hope so! Our 3rd digital test sculpt with a more dynamic pose, incorporating more feedback from our fans on social media!

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:07:21 am by Rubicon Models »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 08:18:52 am »
Looking good , love the Desert Fox figure . Can't get enough pointing German figures   ::) ( 1/35 scale Dragon joke ).  Once you get the digital sculpts to a production level , would love for you to make artillery and tank crew as well as tank  rider type figures for all 4 major armies .

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 09:05:36 am »
The Romnel figure is very nice.  Only the top of his cap looks odd - should it be flatter?

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 04:13:58 pm »
Looking good.

I do agree with Pinky that the top of the cap looks odd.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 09:45:31 am »
The top of his cap shouldn't have that bulge in it - it was a flat curve.  Removing that will also help make his head look a bit more proportional.  The gas goggles are also a bit off.  See the photo below.  Otherwise he's great, and would be a terrific addition to the SdKfz 250 (which he's presumably intended for).

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 11:26:45 am »
We will continue to refine these test sculpts until we are satisfied with the outcome.

Seems like we have no Americans until now...

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Various 151024
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 02:30:53 pm »
I like his relaxed pose - looks very authentic. 

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Sculpts - Various 151024
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »
I like the U.S. sculpt. A couple of suggestions,though. The cartridge belt had ten pockets,five on each side. They did not make three pocket section to add to the rear of the belt as on your sculpt. The leggings could be a little longer, and the suspenders are incorrect . A good place to see pictures of U.S. and German field gear is at- http://atthefront.com/