Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 88223 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2019, 11:04:36 am »
I  think you listed them all tracks . I also  noticed that there's only the  one turret base . That would have  be ok by me as I've seen photos of Matilde turrets in use by the Germans ( hull completely buried ) as bunkers . You could get away with out the turret base by using it glued to plastic  as a scenery piece . But not having a second commander's cupola sort of ruins that plan . Plus I notice the commander's hatch covers need to be cut apart to install the figure , hm , no separate open hatch for him or the loader  ::) Probably means no internal hatch detail then either . I do like the choice of single or twin exhaust though , and the tail skid for use by the BEF in France  . Still trying to find better pictures to figure out the double set of hull/ wheel cover side plates and the track situation

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2019, 11:21:58 am »
It looks to me as though you choose which way out the track skirts face, depending on whether you want a BEF Matilda or a desert version.

We are inching closer to a decent range of plastic vehicles for the Battle of France.  When Rubicon release their early Panzer III and Panzer IV, the Germans will be well covered (Warlord already do the Panzer 38t).  The French need another tank to accompany the Warlord Char B, such as the Somua (and, of course, some plastic infantry).  And the British need the A13 in plastic.  Everyone except the Germans also needs an anti-tank gun (it would be good if Rubicon started focusing on non-German artillery pieces).  The desert war is also much better covered, although a plastic Grant and at least 1 plastic British armoured car would be welcome.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2019, 12:13:32 pm »
The big difference is the lower ( more visible ) wheels , changes in the mud shoot door hinges ( in red ) and the co ax Vickers ( in blue ) for the BEF

There is also the single or double exhaust pipes depending on which diesel engine it had ( IRC single pipe AEC , dual pipe Leyland ) Mostly Leyland models went to the Desert

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2019, 12:17:19 pm »
Quote from: Pinky
Everyone except the Germans also needs an anti-tank gun (it would be good if Rubicon started focusing on non-German artillery pieces).

I second this!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2019, 05:13:59 pm »
Everyone except the Germans also needs an anti-tank gun (it would be good if Rubicon started focusing on non-German artillery pieces).

I second this!
Third!

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2019, 10:09:36 pm »

I second this!
Third!

Part of me wants them to finish them off (howitzers) before moving on, but a bigger part of me wants US 105mm howitzer, long Tom and 90mm AA gun with associated M4/M5 high speed tractors in plastic..
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2019, 07:42:28 am »
Cuckoo.
The German 'big cat' tamed by the British during the Battle of Holland in late 1944.  In Feb. 45 the fuel pump broke and it was abandoned.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2019, 08:08:31 am »
Didn't see Cuckoo in this mornings BA news letter , a resin re paint I assume ?   They also have a Pak 43 coming out in metal ....not a fan of metal I'm afraid

Seems all the new releases ( and re pop's ) come in the black trim box like all the plastic kits .

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2019, 12:45:28 pm »

I second this!
Third!

Part of me wants them to finish them off (howitzers) before moving on, but a bigger part of me wants US 105mm howitzer, long Tom and 90mm AA gun with associated M4/M5 high speed tractors in plastic..

I have nothing against howitzers (big or small), I just know that standard AT-Guns are more useful to the common gamer.

Several members in my gaming club (including myself) that prefer plastic over metal have already replaced their metal PaK36, PaK38, and PaK40 AT-Guns with plastic ones from Rubicon Models. Granted, some members kept the metal crew figures, but the AT-Guns were replaced with the plastic ones from Rubicon Models. Not only are the plastic AT-Guns nicer looking with better details, but they have many other benefits as well.

We still have many Allied AT-Guns in metal that need replacing - subtle "hint hint" for Rubicon Models.

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2019, 08:07:41 am »
I want one of those Warlord Pak 43.
Crewed by Perry 88 crew.
With a Rubicon Sdkfz 7.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2019, 10:00:44 am »
Warlord have finally branched out into the Korean War (I think they put out a book last year, but now the models are appearing).  They appear to have sets of plastic Chinese and US infantry in the pipeline, as well as a couple of vehicles - and the characters from M*A*S*H: https://www.warlordgames.com/frontline-report-warlord-games-salute-2019/

The Centurion does not look good; I'm guessing it's resin.  I still think that this is an area that Rubicon should look at.  Starting with a couple of early post-war vehicles, like the Centurion and M46, and maybe a post-war version of the T-34/85.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:03:23 am by Pinky »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2019, 05:07:10 pm »
Someone on Lead Adventures thinks the Centurion is from Force of Arms.

There was a Loyd carrier as well.

The book is sometime this year.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2019, 12:29:55 am »
  Yes, I'm reasonably sure the Centurion III on the Warlord stand is the Force of Arms one, they bought a bunch of their masters a few years ago. Personally I think it's a decent model, and not just because I bought one, though the tracks are a little low on detail, and I'd have to say the JTFM one is better (Richard did a marvelous job on it).
 Anyway, here's a pic for comparison (I left the bazooka shields off of mine though).