Author Topic: T26 (vickers 6-ton/7TP)  (Read 7136 times)

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
T26 (vickers 6-ton/7TP)
« on: July 17, 2015, 05:42:27 am »
How about something really early war?

T26 had many variants like dual turret with MMG, light AT gun, howitzer, flamethrower plus many others..

Also could be made into the vickers 6-ton and polish 7TP as from memory the only thing that is different is the turret engine cooling. The British also used a turret less version as an artillery tractor.

I know it's probably not the most popular kit, but there's the potential to cover multiple kits in one for multiple nations. Finland, Thailand, Soviet Union, China, Poland to name a few.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: T26 (vickers 6-ton/7TP)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:29:59 pm »
Is this something you are looking for?

This is a project we have done for a client some time ago.  The T-26 is on our list, not sure when though...

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 07:36:45 pm »
That is really cool!

It's a small enough vehicle that on 2 frames you could fit all/most turret options on it and the different Engine compartment that was on the 7TP.

I know it's not at the top of your list, but it does make me happy that it's on there!
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

CFRNelson

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 11:06:03 pm »
Excellent idea

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 11:31:45 pm »
Trenchworx does a resin T-26 that seems to be pretty good.

Hopefully, Rubicon will be able to focus on early war armour at some point.  In addition to important tanks like the T-26, they could cover the BT-7 and maybe some early British, French and German types. 

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 01:29:23 am »
Interesting, especially if the options include the six tonner - useful for "Back of Beyond" as well as SCW and early WW2.

That would distract me from the late War stuff for a while.

Minairons did PSC style 15 and 20mm scale kits, their 1/56 range remained resin only - I do have the T26 turret for the Hispano - Suiza Villain car.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:48:56 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 09:41:13 am »
This would be nice !

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 04:15:48 pm »
Very good idea  :)

Sejmitar

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:37:41 am »
Hey, so what about that T-26?

One of most popular tanks in late thirties. Was used thorough WW2 by Soviets, (Nationalist) China, Finland and Germany - to name a few! Also one of most widely used tanks, it was present on fronts separated by thousands of kilometers (like Finland, Persia and Manchuria).

Kit could be composed of :

main body, bottom
main body, top (with flat surfaces to attach armor options according to variant)
 eventually : main body, under-turret box (depends on implemenation)
tracks&wheels
cylindrical riveted turret for early models
conical turret for late models
two separate engine covers (old and new wariant), to gule on 'main body' over the engine compartment. Note : only cover, not the whole engine deck
two variants of frontal plate - multiple rivets (old) and flat (newer), to glue on 'main body' on the front
two variants of glacial plate - old and new style (different hatches) to glue on 'main body' on the front top
three variants of side for under-turret box (riveted, non-riveted, non-riveted and sloped) to glue on 'main body' sides
two variants of turret ring - old and new, to glue on 'main body' on the top
add-ons - road light, big and small fuel tanks, two variants of silencer, extra MG to mount on turret, tool box, rope
for extra star :
extra two riveted turrets for twin-turret model
exchangable guns for turrets (MG, gun, flamer)
horseshoe and hand-rail antennas for command tanks

Kit composited in such way would be extremely adaptable - you could use it to make almost every variant of T-26 since 1931 up to 1940. Also, such composition guarantees that kit could not be used to create multiple instances of one vehicle from one kit - at best you have some spare turrets and few extra plates, which still require something to glue to/at (armor plates are glued onto main body).

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 10:32:32 am »
You certainly have my support. Vehicles available on 1 September 1939 are of great interest to me. The T-26 was built in large numbers and should be widely found on wargaming tables. I think the less powerful tanks found during the early war period potentially enhance games as infantry becomes relatively more important.