Author Topic: Should I get the old Panzer IV kit?  (Read 3210 times)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Should I get the old Panzer IV kit?
« on: November 20, 2017, 03:13:06 pm »
I know that Rubicon will be releasing a new kit for the Panzer IV, but I have the option to get one of the older Rubicon Panzer IV kits. Should I get it, or should I just wait for the new kit?

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Should I get the old Panzer IV kit?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:36:55 pm »
I have a couple of the old Panzer IVs.  It's a perfectly decent wargaming model.  It was their first kit, so some aspects of it are a bit crude compared to later kits (such as the hatches, tracks and smaller details), but I think it looks better than Warlord's Panzer IV.  It's quite accurate for the Ausf F/G, but not so good for anything later.  That said, there is no doubt that the forthcoming revised Panzer IV range will be far superior.   

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:32 pm »
What pinky said.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 04:10:39 am »
Are you saying to wait for the new Panzer IV kit, or are you saying do not wait and get the older Panzer IV kit?

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:59:20 am »
More depending on what you want it for. Tabletop gaming, do either. More historically accurate one with more part, wait.

Or do both.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament