Author Topic: The truth is out there!!  (Read 10371 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Just leaving it here... for a little while!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 11:30:33 pm »
I can see how it might be a Jagdpanther.  That would be very cool - and the fact that Rubicon are tarting up their Panther tracks supports the possibility of a Panther variant.  It would be very cool if they could squeeze in a Bergpanther as well...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:12:09 am by Pinky »

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 09:39:30 am »
Funny thing is I can also see how it could appear to be a Tiger II as I continue to squint at it.
Still, I strongly believe it's a Jagdpanther.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 08:58:24 pm »
The truth is out there!

Enjoy!
;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The truth is out there!!
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 09:08:20 pm »
This topic will be moved to "General Discussion" when the project is officially announced.

;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 02:21:38 pm »
Great news!  I'm sure it will be awesome.  Any chance of squeezing a Bergpanther in as well?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 10:28:39 pm »
Very nice . I think a JP or 2 would fit well with the rest of my armor . And a BP would be awesome , but a whole new lower hull might  have to molded . Rubicons lower hulls are boxed in , not full to the floor  so it would to hard to add full crew seats , transmission and radio etc , that is so visible when the drivers roof is removed . Maybe they might redesign the hull for the JP kit and a  BP would possible . If not ,maybe make it a add on kit with new upper hull and a forced perspective insert of a driver figure and transmission , the winch box ( rear spade ! ) , and various tools etc , sort of like the add on kits for the 250 /251 half tracks . They show us something new and we always want more  :-[

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 07:51:15 pm »
Pretty sure heer46 does a conversion kit
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 11:51:23 pm »
 The Heer46 conversion kit is good & fits perfectly on the Rubicon model - it's down to whether the level of detail provided is enough (it's a little light if you're going to be purist about it & the 20mm barrel is huge, better to replace it with some brass rod) - & whether you like resin/metal add-ons.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 12:06:42 am »
Spade looks good , so does the crane parts and the winch box from what I can see on their web site . Can't really see the winch that well which IMO is a real focal point , for me at least on this vehicle ., And they don't supply any driver compartment internals  if you remove the driver's roof , which you need to do if you use the 20mm ( only one vehicle mounted this IRC ) . A nice effort , but a couple of things  lacking IMO . What with the price of a kit for the hull plus the  $36.00 for this resin kit ,  plus the extra bits you'll have to scratch / find , I'll pass on this one

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 10:25:52 am »
Rubicon are just going to provide all the different Jagdpanther variants, so no Bergepanther. 

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 12:06:39 pm »
A man can dream Pinky  ;D

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 12:11:28 pm »
A man can dream Pinky  ;D

I did too - but my dreams were dashed.  It would have been an awesome kit...