Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 88229 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2019, 12:33:14 am »
Hard to tell from the box art and I think the tank they show in close ups is the resin one . It would be nice to get both versions of the 2ldr gun barrel  , both high and low commander's cupolas , maybe a howitzer barrel ( smoke only IRC ) , a flame thrower barrel to make an Aussie Frog , don't think they'll give us the option of single or dual exhaust ( AEC or Leyland engine ) and I can't see an option in the side skirt mud shoot doors ( Internal / external hinges ) , and I won't even mention the variations in the driver's compartment / nose casting and nose stowage box lids , tow shackles / hooks ... ops I mentioned them   ::) What ever version it is I'm sure my Russians can use a couple even if I build them as knocked out

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2019, 01:31:49 am »
From what we know, it is going to be a straight build.  Not sure if the info is correct... but we do have a picture of an unpainted version:

Enjoy!
;)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2019, 05:25:56 am »
Well, it looks a hell of a lot better than that blob of resin they call a Matilda II.
Does anyone know if the plastic kit will be produced for Warlord by Italeri or by SG?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2019, 06:36:55 am »
Not bad looking at all . Nice to see a driver figure . Hopefully that's the howitzer barrel , a little thick for a 2 pdr . But if that's an easy fix .

johan

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2019, 08:08:30 am »
Not bad looking at all . Nice to see a driver figure . Hopefully that's the howitzer barrel , a little thick for a 2 pdr . But if that's an easy fix .

It is not an Italeri tank.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2019, 08:52:32 am »
Not Italeri ? PSC maybe ? Or who ? From the look of the driver , it reminds me of Tamiya  :o

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2019, 12:13:51 pm »
That 2-pdr looks very log-like.  I hope it is a 3-inch howitzer.  It otherwise doesn't look bad at all.  Any early war armour is very welcome.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2019, 09:54:37 pm »
Saw this on the Italeri 2019 catalog preview , I assume it will come out under the  Warlord name as well

Guess the Matilda needed an opponent to beat up on

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2019, 04:11:23 pm »
Not Italeri ? PSC maybe ? Or who ? From the look of the driver , it reminds me of Tamiya  :o

I have to agree with Johan, there is no Italeri branding on the box art published so far.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2019, 10:39:08 pm »
The Matilda might not be Italeri, but they are working on an Italian tank in 1:56. This was mentioned by ripley. Since they already made or make WW2 Italian tanks in 1:72 and 1:35 scale, this is not surprising. What is surprising is that they didn't do it earlier.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2019, 11:20:19 pm »
Wow - it looks as though Warlord are doing what I wanted Rubicon to do - a combination M13/40 and Semovente kit.

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2019, 08:04:14 am »
Glad matilda isn't Shitaleri.
Disappointed the M13 is Shitaleri.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2019, 08:54:20 am »
Does anyone know who's making the Matilda ?  While not as detailed ( in some places ) as Rubicon kits , the Italeri kits I've built  , have actually turned  out pretty good . True I had to do a little kit bashing and swapping bits from the parts box to get the result I wanted  , but that's a large part of the hobby I enjoy . And I've done the same thing to Rubicon's kits . I don't think I've built a kit straight out of the box in 20 years . I look forward to Italeri's M13/40 multi kit , with the 2 variations of tank ( probably short / long fenders , maybe tool storage changes ) and the 2 Semovente versions ( short / long 75mm ) there is a multitude of vehicles I could built including kit bashing command vehicles .  JUst have to buy anther shelf unit to store them on , oh and get another job to pay for my plastic addiction

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2019, 03:23:50 am »
I have found the Italeri kits a bit variable (Puma wheels, IS-2, KV-1 having  a number of issues). The Warlord ones have been of a similar quality to each other - the mantlet and cupola on the M4A4 being the poorest of the models I have seen.

The Mailda looks good (not as good as Our Gracious Hosts would have supplied).

As they have not mentioned the obvious variants, it does imply that they are not present.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2019, 05:06:00 am »
Its got be difficult to find  balance in designing  a kit which has to be sturdy enough and simple to build to be a game piece , as well as detailed enough to appeal to modellers , not to mention trying to get a couple of variations included on the sprues . I must admit , some of the choices and simplification or separate detail parts  in both Rubicon's and Warlord / Italeri's kit have me baffled sometimes  . Some parts are molded in crisp relief and others are barely there , some are separate pieces when they could be molded as one piece . But I know nothing of designing kit , I just build them .  Both companies have gotten better with their kits , separate tow cables , options for guns , exhausts , open crew hatches , etc . Sometimes they do make big screw ups , missing 2 pistol ports on the KV II , wrong hatch detail /size on the KV I ( Italeri ) . That kind of stuff has been around forever in both vehicles for  war games and scale models ( various resin kits of numerous scales ), you think the Italeri stuff is bad now , you should have built their kits in the 70s  ::) .  When you have a dozen companies producing the tank you want , you can pick and chose ( ease of build / price / detail to the nth degree ) , when you have one company releasing it in a off beat scale ( 1/56 ) , you take what you get and you make the best of it . I'm thinking if there was big money to be had in 1/56 , a whole lot of the  regular model companies would be jumping on the band wagon .........so let's be thankful for what we have now . Personally if the kit is so-so I'll build just one , but if the kit is awesome , or has the basics to make it awesome with a little kit bashing / modelling skill , I'll get 3 or 9  :-[