Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 88220 times)

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2018, 04:01:13 pm »
Jeez. Look at the size of the rivets on that...  :-\
I have the Perry’s recent IPC -not made a start on it yet, but it’s a lovely model.
Goodness knows why Warlord would bother bringing one out straight afterwards...
Well, obviously I know why, but I doubt it’ll work out that well for them... Perry will have already hoovered up many potential sales for this somewhat niche vehicle, and I imagine, based on past experience, the Perry resin model will be a lot better than the Warlord one.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2018, 04:08:33 pm »

They have included fixed bayonets on all of the SMLE Mk.III rifles! That is a shame. I guess the sculptors were influenced by the propaganda photos/films because 1) uncharacteristic of Warlord to do that, and 2) it makes it damn near impossible to have no rifles without bayonets because removing (cutting) the bayonet off the SMLE Mk.III will be a very ugly affair!

I have always thought that the British SMLE Mk.III rifle was one of the most attractive rifles in WW1 and WW2 - it might be because some of the "look" was designed by an artist.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2018, 07:02:30 pm »
I have to admit to disinterest in the Warlord North African figures, I am sticking to Perry ones.

North Africa is suitably isolated that I can treat it as a separate set up.

Yvonmukluk

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2018, 09:03:05 pm »

They have included fixed bayonets on all of the SMLE Mk.III rifles! That is a shame. I guess the sculptors were influenced by the propaganda photos/films because 1) uncharacteristic of Warlord to do that, and 2) it makes it damn near impossible to have no rifles without bayonets because removing (cutting) the bayonet off the SMLE Mk.III will be a very ugly affair!

I have always thought that the British SMLE Mk.III rifle was one of the most attractive rifles in WW1 and WW2 - it might be because some of the "look" was designed by an artist.

I think they explicitly stated that they took their cues when designing this set from the classic Airfix models, which is probably where the bayonets came from.

I kind of like the look of them, but I think I may have enough Bolt Action armies on the go already before I can even think about starting yet another.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2018, 11:28:24 pm »
Its not like them to add bayonets to all the rifles. To bad they didn't give you a choice.

While fixed bayonets look nice, it comes with some issues for gaming and storage.

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2018, 02:28:35 am »
I would definitely be concerned about gaming and storage. Tiny plastic bayonets are usually quite fragile. I am already tempted to snip them off when I get mine. Might build one and test out how fragile it is by knocking it about.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2018, 07:24:19 am »
Warlord's Japanese have bayonets on 3 sets of rifle arms with a separate loose rifle/bayonet combo . And you  get  3 sets of rifle arms without bayonet and a single loose rifle sans pig sticker  ;D . This combination of weapons would  have been a much more realistic  opr the Rats IMO . I wonder if the Brits can fix a bayonet on the Bren , like the Japanese do on the Type 99 LMG ?

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2018, 12:50:50 pm »
At least you get enough of the right type of rifle...
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2018, 09:04:41 pm »
I would definitely be concerned about gaming and storage.
Never mind the bayonets, I have written off a number of Warlord British with broken rifles (just in front of the left hand). Stored in Figures in Comfort boxes. The cut outs need inserts to stop movement breaking the rifles under the weight of the plastic figure..
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:06:14 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2018, 09:09:19 pm »
Over on Lead Adventures, someone has posted that Amazon are advertising Bolt Action: Korea.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=111571.0

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2018, 10:01:42 am »
Korea would be interesting.  It would give Rubicon's M4A3E8 and T-34/85 kits a boost.  Someone would need to do a Chaffee, an M26 and and SU-76.

I wish the Arab-Isreali wars would get more attention.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2018, 07:53:50 pm »
On the TMP site , one  Warlord 's Minions  ;D says they are bringing out a plastic Matilda II in the spring of 2019 .  So those who play  France , North Africa and Russia , could have some new toys to look forward to ( depending on the options in the box )

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2018, 01:31:15 am »
That is interesting.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2018, 02:27:10 am »
There’s a defence of Hungary book coming out early next year too.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2019, 12:04:20 am »
On the TMP site , one  Warlord 's Minions  ;D says they are bringing out a plastic Matilda II in the spring of 2019 .  So those who play  France , North Africa and Russia , could have some new toys to look forward to ( depending on the options in the box )
Even though it is now on pre-order, they do not tell you what options (high heels, bustle, different engine/exhaust layouts) will be in the box.