Author Topic: T34 76 with riders  (Read 3090 times)

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
T34 76 with riders
« on: May 09, 2020, 08:48:38 pm »
Following from Ripleys models and his ideas I did a bit more kit bashing than I normally would do.

(Warlord metal tank riders)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:50:18 pm by neffer38 »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: T34 76 with riders
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 09:42:52 pm »
That turned out nice . It really looks covered in frost , brrr.

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 11:29:28 pm »
Thanks! , tried not to go to crazy with the frost, im certainly happy with the results.

Only Problem I had was when cutting the right side mud guard off, I cut way to deep and had to use them easy cast then cuverd the area in mud to hide it.

Did you get anything in the sale? Got another t34/85 , stuka zu fuss, 222 and bits on the way.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 12:10:54 am »
No , myself and a couple of buddies got a $500 Rubicon  order delivered last week . In that I got a BA-10 , 2 M3 Armored Cars , the resin SEEP , some decals and set of wading stacks for a M4 , oh and I got one sprue of the furniture ( buddy got a couple of boxes so he sold 1 to me ) . Pus I've got Infantry and heavy weapon sets coming from Bad Squido , a couple of resin F-17 turrets  for bunkers , from Trench Works , some resin tank crews from JTFM , plus some hard to find books of ebay . Mind you the 3 pack of JdgPanthers looks tempting , I'm saving a few bucks for the hobby shops in Calgary and Edmonton , supposedly they should be opening up for instore customers  in the next couple of weeks , fingers crossed . While I'm OK with online ordering and curbside pick up , I really like picking through the piles of stock on the shelves and finding a buried treasure impulse purchase .

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 01:26:55 am »
Ah you're in the US I assume? I hadn't seen any Jagdpanther deals on UK store side, So noticing the $$$ sign on your post i wentr and had a look. Seems we get a few different offers. I would like a single Jagdpanther from rubicon at some point. I have the warlord resin one painted atm, and in most games systems they're....uncommmon to see on the table.

Wish they had done some t-34 zug deals. Id have grabbed half a dozen haha....talking of t-34 76s them seem to be out o stock and have been for a while. Not sure why.

The resin Jeep should be nice (I did look at a BA-10 myself but opted for anouther 222) have you had many of the rubicon resin kits before? how are they? I was looking at the french H39 for my dad as he's going through an early war french tank phase at the moment.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 05:23:00 am »
I'm in Alberta  Canada  ,and we ordered from the US . The  SEEP in my 1st Rubicon resin kit and it looks great ,  the resin wading stacks , dozer blade and both French tanks my buddy got look just as good , with crisp detail . They should build and paint up great . The other resin kits I've built were  a few BA resin kits for a friend and I wasn't impressed , tired molds and lots of flash on the metal bits .

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 07:03:00 am »
O nice, Canada would be nice to visit int he future. Dad was out there with the RAF before I was born, not sure where, I'll have to ask him.

Good to hear, I'll look forward to hopefully seeing it posted on here in the future. I've not had to much trouble with the warlord resin, I must have about 8 in the draw but admittedly when it comes to choosing the next kit to do i keep reaching for the Rubicons, As much as i do like the resins they can be a faff as 90% of the time the track need sticking in warm water and bending and 100% time bits need cutting and sanding and i'm aware of the dangers of resin. I've had bad metals in the past from them....its not to common though i find, unlike the Battlefront 15mm Volkstrum infantry , not seen a pack where the men didnt come riddled with holes. Flash sadly is just one of those thing you have to do with as a modeler with metals. I've just spent the last half hour cutting flash out from between 15mm roman infantry.