Author Topic: Street / Farm accessories  (Read 3005 times)

Eclaireur

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Street / Farm accessories
« on: October 11, 2018, 07:31:17 am »
Since you guys want to go the scenic accessory route - why not try some stuff that we search and search for but aren't easy to locate ...

1. Street accessories: frames would include bicycle (how hard are they to find?!), telegraph pole or two, street signs, maybe a handcart, possibly some tools.

2. Farm accessories: to include ladders, farm tools such as rakes, scythes you name it, baskets full of produce, maybe some barrels or casks, small wagon or wheelbarrow.

Some of these things are available in resin and some in mdf (have you assembled an mdf wheelbarrow? they are lame) but sets that combine them at reasonable price are not. They would sell to warmers, diorama builders, and people just wanting to super detail their armour also. A tank might well be carrying a liberated bicycle and some farm produce in addition to its military supplies ...
just a thought anyway
EC       

Cat

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Goblinhall
Re: Street / Farm accessories
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:14:16 pm »
I believe we have some telephone poles, etc. coming soon.

Yes, I would definitely like other scenic details in scale plastic rather than chunky resin, metal, or mdf.

Cases of wine bottles — the ultimate WW2 objective markers!

Eclaireur

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 03:55:33 am »
yes, cases of wine, other trade goods, why not? Ainsty castings do some good packs of this kind - but not cheap

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 07:52:03 am »
Yes it would be nice to have accessories sets like MiniArt make in 1/35 scale for us to use   in 28mm - 1/56  .  I think the problem would be the cost to produce vrs the amount of sets sold . Most of the 28mm gamer types I know use minimal small detail pieces , mostly fences and stone walls . While the model builder types would be all over this stuff if it was produced . But in my area the gamers out number the model builders about 10 to 1 .   Rubicon is already producing plastic  figure and vehicle add on sets that I never thought I'd see in 1/56 , so who knows