Author Topic: German AA/AT Guns - 3.7cm FlaK 43 TS2 Painted 190323  (Read 125144 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
German AA/AT Guns - 3.7cm FlaK 43 TS2 Painted 190323
« on: May 22, 2016, 01:41:33 am »
With the SdKfz 250/251 3D drawing phase of the project coming to a close, we are wrapping up
the bits and pieces from these projects and come up with standalone versions of these AT guns!

These guns will probably come in a single sprue, and will include crews.  Objective of this new
offering is to attract customers to replace their not so up-to-standard white metal artillery with
our all plastic highly detailed alternatives; and to give customers choices when they are starting
a new army.

The first one is the PaK 36...

Enjoy!
;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 11:17:15 pm by Rubicon Models »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
...followed by the PaK 40!

Enjoy!
;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
These look really good  .Hope the crews are in good action poses .  IRC the 75mm Pak 40  only had wooden boxes  and the metal tubes for ammo . That metal box pictured  was only used with the 50mm Pak 38  . You can see them strapped on SdKfz 234/2  Puma fenders in Normandy era pictures . An honest mistake , in fact Tamiya still include one in their model kit .( Its from the mid 70s and they don't want to retool it  ::) )

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Nice.

I note the lower shield is raised on the 75mm towed version, should the 37mm tow also have the lower shield raised?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
The lower shield on the 37mm was raised as well when it was towed , should be an easy fix with a knife  . The tricky part will be cutting the upper part of the gun shield to fold down the  3 flaps . ( have done that with the Tamiya 1/35 scale Pak 36 ) . Sometimes I think I should just build kits straight out of the box , no kit bashing  ...  :o

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
The Pak 40 looks really good.  I didn't know about the ammo box point Ripley mentioned.  I'd suggest you put out the Pak 40 first - it will be much more useful.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
I note the lower shield is raised on the 75mm towed version, should the 37mm tow also have the lower shield raised?

You have keen eyes!  Those are the details we are aiming for... so for the PaK36, yes!
;)

Seret

• Cadet
    • View Profile
How many crew per gun?

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:

You have keen eyes!  Those are the details we are aiming for... so for the PaK36, yes!
;)

Cool.

As is, it would function a bit like a road grader ^____^.

Having the rest of the shield fold prototypically is not so much an issue for me and would make it more complex to mould and build.

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Cool !

88 and Sdkfz 7 next ?

johan

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: German AT Guns - A spin-off from our SdKfz 250/251 Project - 160522
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »
Cool !

88 and Sdkfz 7 next ?

Steve, I don't think these will come soon. the 37mm and 75mm gun projects are being considered because a large part of the gun is/will be available anyway through the 250/251 projects, this means just the wheels and trails would have to be made. This is not so for the 88mm or sdkfz 7. (Though I would like to see these as well)

Yaquir

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »
realy, realy good!

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 06:10:30 pm »
The core design team will be away to the UK Games Expo in Birmingham for a week
starting from coming Monday.  So no more updates until we are back!  Just leave
some eye candy here...

Enjoy!
;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: German AT Guns - A spin-off from our SdKfz 250/251 Project - 160623
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 11:43:40 am »
3D Prototype for the PaK 40 is now here!

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: German AT Guns - A spin-off from our SdKfz 250/251 Project - 160623
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 02:27:31 pm »
Looks great to me.  I like the way you've suggested the double layered gunshield, and the stowed version of the baseplate. 

I'm much more interested in this than the Pak 36, and I think it will be very popular.  Your caption mentions "3 crews" - does this mean 3 different full crews or 3 figures?  I'd assume the latter, since a set of mid-war figures would pretty much cover things.  However, it would be nice to have a crew in the same sort of gear as Warlord's plastic Grenadiers.  They are very popular.