Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussions / Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Last post by ripley on Today at 10:26:50 AM »
If the 38(t) kit matches the box art , it looks like an Ausf E or F . It has less riveting on the driver's plate than a C/D but more than the Ausf G which only had 3 rivets . So its good game wise from Nov 1940 onward . I guess if you wanted to , you could remove all but the 3 rivets on the driver's plate ( and the rivets on the engine covers ) and kit bash yourself a Ausf G  ( Oct 41 -June 42 ), but since the Germans still had 230 38(t) of all types still in service you could make do out of the box ....but where's the fun in that  ;D
« Last post by Jimmy_P on Today at 12:38:03 AM »
Yes the BA Marder III is the SdKfz 139 , with the Russian 76.2 gun . The H had a larger upper hull / crew compartment and the 75mm Pak 40/3

Thanks, yeah that's what I thought! Not sure what it says about WLG that the boxes etc for the model have Ausf H on them....?  ;D

And there's no Italari logo on the Marder box, so it definitely isn't one of theirs.

« Last post by Rubicon Models on December 14, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »
It is very easy to identify who make these kits for Warlord (WLG).  Those with the Italeri logo are made by Italeri and licenced to WLG, whereas those with only the BA logo are PSC upscaled kits.
Showcase & Gallery / Re: UVS models
« Last post by ripley on December 14, 2017, 09:53:45 PM »
Yea , sometimes drilling out the lift rings is a real pain , but then again so is trying to make 6 or 7 brass / wire lift rings that match   ::) . An IDF Sherman would look cool . Can't find any weight limits for the blanket shelf . BUT , on both Armorama and Missing Lynx , guys fill them up with Jerry cans and other heavy stuff on their models all the time  , and no one seems to have a problem with it comment wise , and guys there do comment on stuff like that , long and loudly . IRC the name blanket shelf  is what the Brits called it
« Last post by ripley on December 14, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
Yes the BA Marder III is the SdKfz 139 , with the Russian 76.2 gun . The H had a larger upper hull / crew compartment and the 75mm Pak 40/3

« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on December 14, 2017, 07:10:14 PM »
@Pinky,  my thoughts on its origin are based on the similarity to the Sherman V /VC kits.

@Jimmy_P: The Marder III M needs a different chassis, the engine is moved. It certainly looks like the Soviet armed vehicle, but the PSC kit offers both the 138 and 139.
« Last post by Jimmy_P on December 14, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »

Yeah the Marder 3 is the early version, I think a lot of people wanted the M which is the later variant, but personally happier it's not! The weirder thing about Warlords Marder is, (at least unless you learned folks can correct me) is I'm pretty sure it's the Marder 3 139 - not the 138 Ausf H.....?

Wish Lists / WC51/WC62
« Last post by elias.tibbs on December 14, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »
Does anyone think it’d be possible to do this in one kit? I think probably doubtful as you would need two different flat beds, sides and tarpaulin.

I guess if it was two kits, at least all of the front end is the same!

Had some nice staff car, AT gun and ambulance variants too.

My preference would be the WC62 as a couple companies already do the WC51 and the 1 1/2t truck slot is very lacking for the US army in terms of gaming.
Wish Lists / Re: US T2X series prototypes.
« Last post by elias.tibbs on December 14, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »
There’s another manufacturer who will probably be doing this at some point next near.
« Last post by tyroflyer on December 14, 2017, 05:05:06 PM »
I'd agree with your point Pinky, if these weapons were withdrawn after the campaign in Poland. A PzIV Ausf A would be a case in point. But most of the vehicles that fought for Germany in Poland continued for a long time. Certainly a lot longer than the late war wonder weapons. I suspect the issue is more about the biggest gun and heaviest armour wins. Whereas I am more interested in the historic accuracy of the period and the belief games at this level are more interesting when the infantry isn't dominated. I realise majority opinion measured by sales is going to be the winner however.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10