Author Topic: German Panzer III Road Wheel Revisited  (Read 24083 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: New Project - What is this?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »
Are you guys sure you want to use the Name of one of the biggest Automotive Suppliers in the World on the Model? Even if the L is an U at the end? Sounds like screaming for trouble to me.
Hahaha... that was not ours!  We are just posting it for reference purposes.  ;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 12:30:46 am »
Spend more time reworking on the Panzer III sprocket and road wheels:

This would be the final version of all mid to late war Panzer III sprocket and road wheel set.  There are now details even on the inside road wheels...

C&C welcome!
;)

Preda

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 01:11:42 am »
Send me the 3D Files so i can make a Testprint at Work ;)

Morsleib

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 01:11:56 am »
There are now details even on the inside road wheels...

Allways useful when it's lying upside down in a ditch  ;)

jamingui

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 05:12:12 am »
Looks muuuuch better than the first version. Will the improved road wheels be included in an eventual revision of the Panzer III?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 12:27:12 pm »
Looks muuuuch better than the first version. Will the improved road wheels be included in an eventual revision of the Panzer III?
Probably not, replacing the road wheel set would meant replacing a complete mould; quite costly for a new start-up.  May be at a later date!

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: German Panzer III Road Wheel Revisited
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 03:33:44 am »
Is there any chance of  including the earlier gun mantel without the spaced armor ? Also , how about making the spaced armor on the upper hull optional as well?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 11:49:28 am »
Is there any chance of  including the earlier gun mantel without the spaced armor ? Also , how about making the spaced armor on the upper hull optional as well?
There are no plans to implement changes on the Panzer III at this moment. We will do minor tweaking on some area of the moulds for visual improvement, but no plans to make major changes.  There are just too many up coming projects that need our attention... a lot of people are crying out for Brits!

Keith

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 03:18:56 pm »
I'd just like to say how good it is to see this effort being made to get things right. Unfortunately the MkIII wheels did stand out as an issue to me too, but these look significantly better (I might well kit-bash to get this running gear on to the MkIII).
Between this thread and the Sdkfz251 post I'm really impressed by Rubicon's reaction to feedback.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 02:29:34 pm »
I was looking forward to the Panzer III when I saw the vehicles you were releasing, but it's a rather disappointing kit.  The roadwheels just look wrong, and there are a lot of other inaccuracies (like the mantlet).  It's a shame you can't rectify these problems, as most of your other kits are very good.  I guess I'll have to wait for you to release a StuG III, then do some kitbashing. 

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 02:58:55 pm »
I was looking forward to the Panzer III when I saw the vehicles you were releasing, but it's a rather disappointing kit.  The roadwheels just look wrong, and there are a lot of other inaccuracies (like the mantlet).  It's a shame you can't rectify these problems, as most of your other kits are very good.  I guess I'll have to wait for you to release a StuG III, then do some kitbashing.

Both the Panzer III and IV are our very first projects.  At that point, we are inexperienced and lack a systematic approach; however our Panzer III is still a great kit in terms of value for money!  All our six initial releases (plus the Tiger I) are done within a year's time frame, and you should noticed our improvement over project and quality control.

We do pay attention to all customer comments and feedback.  If we can react, we will react. This is also one of the reasons why we had this particular post and make efforts to look into the issues.

We will try to fine-tune some of the features on the Panzer III on our next production batch, but not all can be revised.  Over time, we will rework the whole project somewhere along our releases... but not right now!  Cost control is very important for us at this stage of our operation.
;)

Keith

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 04:06:07 pm »
It might not make business sense, but if you produce this newer running gear for the Stug series, then perhaps you can make the individual sprues for the running gear available? I understand that would depend on a lot of factors (other Stug parts on that sprue, the part even fitting the earlier MkIII hull etc.) but just a thought  :)

VolleyfireAndy

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 10:08:21 pm »
That looks so good. If it's a Stug III I'd like all of them please! It's my favourite German Vehicle! Are there plans to do an earlier version of the Panzer III chassis? I can imagine it being a major rework of the design to do so though.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 10:24:42 pm »
That looks so good. If it's a Stug III I'd like all of them please! It's my favourite German Vehicle! Are there plans to do an earlier version of the Panzer III chassis? I can imagine it being a major rework of the design to do so though.

The Panzer III early and mid-war version are different in many area; if we were to do one, it will be a totally new project.  Not much can be rework without creating more chance to error!

Preda

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 12:04:38 am »
Any news on the Stug? :)