Author Topic: WWII british armored car humber mk IV  (Read 3457 times)

emmanuel

• Private
    • View Profile
WWII british armored car humber mk IV
« on: February 26, 2021, 07:15:49 am »
The Humber Armoured Car was one of the most widely produced British armoured cars of the Second World War. It remained in service until the end of the war. The vehicle was used in the North African Campaign from late 1941 by the 11th Hussars and other units. It was also widely used in the European theatre by reconnaissance regiments of British and Canadian infantry divisions. A few vehicles were used for patrol duty along the Iran supply route. A British Indian Army armoured car regiment, partly equipped with Humbers, served in the reconquest of Burma.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: WWII british armored car humber mk IV
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 09:56:38 am »
I second this!  8)

In fact, as British armored cars go, the Humber armored car would be an excellent choice, but for some reason there has been talk for the American built T17 Staghound (used by the British), which is a late war armored car. However, the Humber armored car would be a far better choice for several reasons already mentioned.

Just as emmanuel pointed out, the Humber was one of the most widely produced and used armored cars in the British Army, and saw combat with the British and Commonwealth from 1941 until 1945 - and maybe post war as well.

Also, and important to note,  the Guy armored car from 1939 to 1940 was the predecessor of the Humber Mark I, and these two armored cars have so many of the same features that I don't think it would be at all difficult for Rubicon Models to work their magic and create a Humber + Guy kit. That is, a plastic model kit that could be assembled to make the Humber Mk.I, II, III, IV or Guy armored car. That would be just fantastic wouldn't you agree?! A single plastic model kit that could assembled into an armored car that was used from 1939 to 1945.

This would also fill in a void in a lot of gamer/model collections since there are no good plastic model kits for a good British/Commonwealth armored car. Especially a significant one like the Humber.

That being said, it is easier to say than to do because to be honest, even though they all look like they have common features, and it looks like it would be possible to make an all-in-one plastic kit, it of course depends on the much finer details.

thunderplunk

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 06:56:13 pm »
Sorry to dig up an older thread, but I'd like to see one of these too! I'm also curious about the possibility of making a Canadian Fox armoured car from the same kit – it looks to be very similar in appearance, even if based on a slightly different chassis.

Nadir_E

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 09:08:37 am »
Here’s another vote for this vehicle - a true classic of the desert war.