Author Topic: why not a M24 chaffee ?  (Read 3422 times)

emmanuel

• Private
    • View Profile
why not a M24 chaffee ?
« on: June 28, 2020, 02:34:38 am »
A part from a jagdpanzer IV (yes I know i am jagdpanzerIV…..hoolic guy) it would be great for a race to berlin scenario to have a plastic M24 chaffee :)

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: why not a M24 chaffee ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 02:53:50 am »
The M24 Chaffee was ALSO the first allied tank to be shipped to Korea in 1950. There were no US tanks present when the conflict started because the terrain was deemed unsuitable. The nearest armored unit was stationed in Japan, and only light tanks had been deployed there due to the poor condition of Japanese roads and bridges.

A total of 138 M24s served in Korea, representing 10% of the total armored force deployed by December 1950.

I don't know if there is enough of a market for Rubicon to pursue a plastic Chaffee, but if they did, I would certainly be a customer.

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 07:48:52 am »
I don't see why this would sell any worse than their upcoming Comet tank kit. The Chafee was used late in WW2, in Korea, and by the French in Indochina.
 I definetly would purchase a couple of them

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 09:15:35 am »
To be honest, I would rather see Rubicon Models work on a M3 Medium (Lee/Grant) first before they start on a M24 Chaffee.

Then again, I would have liked to see Rubicon Models work on a M3 Medium (Lee/Grant) first before they started the British A34 Comet.

In the end, having a British A34 Comet and a M24 Chaffee would be good for the hobby.

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 11:47:28 am »
If I got a vote to cast, I would ALSO vote for the Grant/Lee over the other choices discussed. But with a screen name of Early War Gamer, I will ALWAYS vote for something that was available sooner rather than later.

My interest in a Chaffee would be for Korea, and not to build a force for WWII late war.

But I understand that way more gamers are into the big mid to late-war armor choices, so I keep to myself, and hope that on occasion, something will come my way!

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 05:05:58 pm »
An M24 would be great (I have wished for a 1/50 scale Voting Machine elsewhere), and a Rubicon model would possibly provide the decals (and a bonus WW2 or SF tank - must find that early 'eighties grav tank model).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:09:06 am by ultravanillasmurf »