Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 86585 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2018, 06:41:26 pm »
Interesting.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BemtZwGAt-q/
The unpainted ones look bigger.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2018, 10:25:56 pm »
Just seen the picture from the newsletter.
http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/warlord-games-newsletter_24.html

From the Instagram photograph it has both exhausts but only one driver's vision option.

You can see the limitation of the flak version.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 12:09:37 am »
It's nice to see Warlord improving their game and  trying to get into the same league as Rubicon  . As I stated before , they still forget a lot of little , but obvious details on they're tanks . That should improve IMO before they start producing all sorts of weird and wonderful toys .  The box art dosen't say who's the maker of the kit , so the final product could be anywhere from meh  to great . And does this mean they might also have a plastic 20mm AA gun kit in the future ,or will it be a plastic / metal / resin hybrid kit like that Japanese SPG from late last year ? Now all we need is PSC to get they're finger out , re scale their masters and give us some 28mm toys ( T-70 pls ) . Good catch on the AA version , Johan , I just breezed by the box art when I got the news letter and missed it , I guess I should pay more attention  :-[
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:18:05 am by ripley »

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2018, 06:57:47 pm »

To be honest with everyone, I'm very surprised to see this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Model and figure companies seldom like to cooperate with with each other! Its a shame because we could see something different from Warlord instead of another Jadgpanzer 38(t)  (Hetzer). We already have a very good one from Rubicon Models!

I had both the older and newer resin Jadgpanzer 38(t) kits from Warlord, but I very quickly got rid of these as soon as I assembled my Rubicon Models Jadgpanzer 38(t) kit. In fact, I picked up a second Rubicon Models Jadgpanzer 38(t) kit because the model is a very good, and so much better than the old or new resin kits. Because Rubicon Models offers a really nice Jadgpanzer 38(t), I'm just a little surprised that a new plastic Jadgpanzer 38(t) kit from Warlord is coming in 2018. To bad there is no cooperation!

Just in case you are wondering what happened to my resin Jadgpanzer 38(t)s, I did not trash them. Instead, tried to give them a second chance and I sold them at a very good price. I have one more resin not painted, but it will get turned into a wreck since its close to looking like a wreck anyway.  ;D

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2018, 09:52:05 pm »
Rubicon's JgdPzr 38t is hard to beat - this does seem unnecessary.  But Warlord included the Bergepanzer, which is a big plus.  [Edit - assuming there is a Bergepanzer included; maybe I misunderstood]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:18:19 am by Pinky »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 10:09:17 pm »
I had not spotted the flak one in that box art.

Interestingly in the painted and unpainted ones on that Instagram post there is no sign of a Bergepanzer, just the jagd and flak ones.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2018, 12:19:52 am »
A true Berge Hetzer kit will need more than just a body without a roof  ie : lots of internal goodies , transmission , winch , tools , etc . Warlord , IMO only give you a basic outline of secondary versions in their kits , lots of bits left out that you have to scratch or find in the parts box . Now here's a couple of Berge H kits that are the full meal deal  ( 1/35 ) ::)

Personally , I think Rubicon's Expansion kit idea would be the way to go on this type of vehicle . I live in hope of a Berge Panther kit somewhere in the future . Yes , there is one out now ( something 47 ? ) but they don't have the driver's compartment open so there's no internals to fill it up , and that's the iconic version IMO

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 01:14:10 am »
That may be right, Ripley, but so far Rubicon seem more interested in obscure one-offs and paper Panzer when it comes to their resin expansions. 

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2018, 02:20:14 am »
I wouldn't call the Calliope a one - off , or the wading stacks for the Sherman , not big kit add on kits I admit . But they are testing the waters with the 20mm turret on the Hetzer , so  we'll see what happens .  Company B  and S&S Models also make resin / metal conversion kits  , so there must be a market , even if its small . I guess it just finding the right niche to fill , or at least that one obscure version evreybodies clammering for . In just the last couple of months both Takom and Rye Field have show a full internal Berge Panther D & G , 1st new Berge P since the Italeri / ICM pos ! from the 70s  ( the Dragon Berge with flak dosen't count , no Berge internals ). Just like watinig for a bus .....

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 03:03:15 am »
Just noticed the decal sheet in the Marder III kit is labelled Marder III Sd.Kfz 139 and Hetzer.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2018, 10:53:48 am »
I wouldn't call the Calliope a one - off , or the wading stacks for the Sherman , not big kit add on kits I admit

Fair point.  I was talking about subjects like the resin conversions for the Jgdpzr 38t and Panzer IV, which (IMO) are very niche.  The wading stacks and Calliope conversion kits are obviously very useful upgrade sets.

Judging from the other Instagram photo, it looks as though the Warlord kit is not an upscaled PSC design - the detail doesn't look heavy-handed enough.  There's no sign of an actual Bergepanzer version.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:03:52 am by Pinky »

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 02:45:14 am »
Warlord do also have a contractor they use for producing their own kits, like Antares. It’s possible that it’s a kit made by them.

From memory they also design some of the PSC stuff.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2018, 11:03:14 am »
Warlord are finally doing Germans in greatcoats in plastic.  They seem to be relatively early war period.  These will go very well with the forthcoming Rubicon Panzer III and IV (hint, hint...).

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2018, 12:09:12 pm »
They look pretty good , but have you seen Rubicon's  tanks crews and Infantry figures on the their   face book page ? Awesome . Even if I could afford all the new stuff that's coming out ( from both companies ) I don't think I'll live long enough to build / kit bash it all  ::)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2018, 12:43:09 am »
And their Hetzer Zug is on pre-order.

And it has Italeri on the box.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:45:24 am by ultravanillasmurf »