Author Topic: What's Warlord up to?  (Read 88302 times)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2018, 03:21:27 am »
In my shopping list file, I have a "Wait for Rubicon!" column.  That list currently includes the Flak 88 and Quad 20, SdKfz.222, M10 and UK Crew.

Unless I need a kit on a deadline for a specific event, I'm happy to wait for the Rubicon version.  But it's rather squirrelly trying to find info on what's moving along the pipeline here, the info is scattered all over different threads and news announcements.  I understand the double-edged sword nature of releasing production info — but once any news has been released, it would be nice if there was a master list we could find the latest news on each product that has been revealed all in one place.

Cat, good news! You do not have to wait any longer. The M10 is available right now.
Actually, it has been available for sometime now (Product Code: 280029).
For more information, here is the link:
http://www.rubiconmodels.com/products.php?i=42

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2018, 03:52:16 am »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 03:57:21 am by ultravanillasmurf »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2018, 03:56:22 am »
In my shopping list file, I have a "Wait for Rubicon!" column.  That list currently includes the Flak 88 and Quad 20, SdKfz.222, M10 and UK Crew.

Unless I need a kit on a deadline for a specific event, I'm happy to wait for the Rubicon version.  But it's rather squirrelly trying to find info on what's moving along the pipeline here, the info is scattered all over different threads and news announcements.  I understand the double-edged sword nature of releasing production info — but once any news has been released, it would be nice if there was a master list we could find the latest news on each product that has been revealed all in one place.

Cat, good news! You do not have to wait any longer. The M10 is available right now.
Actually, it has been available for sometime now (Product Code: 280029).
For more information, here is the link:
http://www.rubiconmodels.com/products.php?i=42

the UK Tank destroyer crew in metal is here
http://www.rubiconmodels.com/products.php?i=98

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 03:58:31 am by ultravanillasmurf »

Cat

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2018, 12:25:53 pm »
The state of play is here
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=211.0

Ah, thanks for that!  Somehow that thread didn't jump to the top in my google-fu attempts to gather clue cards.  I've now put that thread on 'Notify'.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2018, 05:55:20 pm »
For my shopping list file, I have a "Wait for Rubicon to release".  Currently this list includes the SdKfz 10 halftrack, SdKfz.222, Kubelwagen, M3 Medium Tank (Lee/Grant), and some Allied AT-Guns.

I had already mentioned this before, but I hope Rubicon Models releases more AT-Guns.

There is great potential for a 57mm AT-Gun M1 AT-Gun / British QF 6-Pdr AT-Gun plastic kit because the same sprue for the AT-Gun can be setup with the needed bits and parts to build either the American or British gun (Standard or Airborne). As for crew, separate American and British crew sprues can be offered. Very similar to what Rubicon Models did with their Jeep kits.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2018, 10:23:07 am »
According to the latest email from Warlord, they are putting out their own plastic Afrika Korps and 8th Army figures.  I wonder if there will be some plastic vehicles as well to accompany the new desert campaign book.

Captain Blood

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2018, 04:33:28 pm »
I saw the new 8th Army and DAK figures from Warlord at Salute. They are predictably chunky and in the Commando comic cartoony Warlord style. Totally incompatible with the ‘true 1/56 scale’ Perry sets alas, and even more incompatible in terms of style. But yes, let’s hope they release some interesting 1/56 scale Desert War vehicles (although the Perrys and Blitzkrieg already have a lot of the usual suspects and the more esoteric items covered. But we can but hope :))

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2018, 06:17:14 pm »
According to the latest email from Warlord, they are putting out their own plastic Afrika Korps and 8th Army figures.  I wonder if there will be some plastic vehicles as well to accompany the new desert campaign book.
They are also selling a Desert War catalogue, which in this digital age would seem a bit cheeky (they say it has Osprey illustrations, but even so).

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2018, 09:26:56 pm »
They are also selling a Desert War catalogue, which in this digital age would seem a bit cheeky (they say it has Osprey illustrations, but even so).

I received an email the other day from Warlord, telling me the catalog was free to all Mail Order Customers, as follows ...

"Coming soon & FREE for all mail order customers!

Yes! Here comes our first ever catalogue. Full colour and with fantastic Osprey artwork, it's going to be an inspiring booklet to peruse at your leisure for everything you could possibly collect from our North Africa focussed ranges... "
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:31:58 pm by EarlyWarGamer »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2018, 09:38:51 pm »
I actually miss the old days  when I could sit for hours looking through Tamiya , Airfix and Italeri catalogs . Seems a little weird having a hard copy catalog when most companies have it either on their web site or as a downloadable PDF . Is a reflection on the age of most of the gamers , all old farts  ?  ::) Here's a picture of the new BA AK Germans ( taken from Warlord site )

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:19:00 am by ripley »

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2018, 11:32:41 pm »
They are predictably chunky and in the Commando comic cartoony Warlord style. Totally incompatible with the ‘true 1/56 scale’ Perry sets alas, and even more incompatible in terms of style.

Maybe so, but all of my other figures are Warlord. They just became my go-to source for most WWII items.  I already have an Italian force for the early desert action, but have not acquired an allied force to face them. Was facing the fact I would end up with Perry figures, and they would not really match well the Warlord Italians I had. And then that meant I would likely get the Perry DAK figures, compounding the issue.

I do like the look of the Perry figures, but they do not look quite right next to Warlord figures.  And my Polish, and German, and Soviet and British BEF figures are all warlord.

I have no issues getting vehicles from places other than Warlord, but even then, I will stick to one manufacturer for a specific vehicle series, so they all have the right look and feel.  I have no Pz IIIs for example, and will just wait for Rubicon. I have a Warlord Pz IV but never assembled it, and will wait for Rubicon there as well.

Anyway, I am quite happy Warlord are coming out with plastics for the desert war.  The closer to their usual style the better.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:48:08 pm by EarlyWarGamer »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2018, 04:09:02 pm »
The latest newsletter has a link to order a free PDF of the catalogue. It does mean you have to set up a login.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2018, 02:58:55 am »
The arms should be able to fit some of the other boxed sets like the Blitzkrieg or Pioneers. The latter is the same sprue set, but with metal extras. Other than that, no difference between the two boxed sets.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2018, 10:01:20 am »
I found pictures of the 8th Army Infantry sprues on the Warlord newsletter  , as well as a WIP , Indian Pattern Armored Personal Carrier

It seems you get 6 heads in tin helmets , 6 in the Highland Infantry Tam ( what ever its called  :-[ ) , its got a bobble on top , 6 Indian heads and 6 Sikhs

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2018, 12:17:56 pm »
...6 in the Highland Infantry Tam ( what ever its called  :-[ ) , its got a bobble on top...

Tam o'shanter.

It's good that there are Indian heads.  And I like the Indian Pattern Carrier.  A shame it's yet another resin model.