Author Topic: Reply to a FB post re GAZ Quad MG  (Read 1054 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Reply to a FB post re GAZ Quad MG
« on: March 13, 2023, 11:19:47 pm »
Sorry about posting this here but FB and I don't seem to get along , I can read the posts but for some reason FB just refuses to let me respond or comment on anything .
  Sorry John that you found the Quad MG kit to such a PIA . For my part , I found it to be well designed , minimal to zero flash and great instructions  , a whole lot better than most other companies metal kits .  I have to ask , is this your first metal kit ? If so I can understand your frustration , it is not a shake the box kit , you have to test fit and visualize how something that goes on sideways , moves over a couple of things and then turns 180 degrees is going end up looking , But if you take your time it all comes together and looks great

I ended up mounting the gun on a spare  GAZ truck bed floor so I can remove it to use the truck as transport if needed . Further research , which I always seem to do after the kit is built  ::)  I've found pictures of these guns on building roofs in Russian cities , so I'll have to get another one to mount on one of my 4ground Stalingrad apartments
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 11:21:53 pm by ripley »