Author Topic: The Panzer IV Digital Library - PzIV Ausf H Painted 190816  (Read 186963 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Pz4 Early TS1 Painted 180320
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:18 pm »
Panzer IV Ausf E TS1 plastic test assembled and being painted.
Also included a model comparison between the old Panzer IV with this new one!

Enjoy!
;)

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 21, 2018, 02:14:10 am »

Very nice indeed :)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #287 on: March 21, 2018, 04:22:02 am »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 21, 2018, 08:06:44 am »
Looking really nice , lots of crisp detail on the bolts , rivets and tools . Still need to fix ( if possible ) the loader's and gunner's side vision ports on the turret ,gunner's no slit , loaders , slit and 4 not 3 bolts . Also fix the jack , it is  not a flat piece gear as molded on the fender

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 21, 2018, 12:13:52 pm »
Looking really nice, lots of crisp detail on the bolts, rivets and tools. Still need to fix (if possible) the loader's and gunner's side vision ports on the turret, gunner's no slit, loaders, slit and 4 not 3 bolts.

That was being addressed as we speak, so no worries.

Also fix the jack, it is not a flat piece gear as molded on the fender

This might be a problem that we can't fix at this stage. Will discuss with design team on our next meeting.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 21, 2018, 08:15:02 pm »
On Warlord's Panzer IV , the jack looks like yours as  its molded on the fender  ( limitations of the molding I guess ) ,on their Panzer III , its a individual  part which looks correct . You've got all the other fender mounted tools looking great , pity to have a crap looking jack , a separate piece might be the way to go ?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 21, 2018, 09:06:24 pm »
On Warlord's Panzer IV, the jack looks like yours as its molded on the fender (limitations of the molding I guess), on their Panzer III, its a individual part which looks correct. You've got all the other fender mounted tools looking great, pity to have a crap looking jack, a separate piece might be the way to go?

Don't think WLG or our Panzer IV has a jack on the right fender...

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 21, 2018, 10:19:46 pm »
I don't think it's a jack on the right mudguard - it looks like it's meant to be a mallet or some other kind of tool.  I think the point is that there should be a jack in that position on the Panzer IV, and it's worth making it a separate part.

The kit otherwise looks very fine.  The details are sharp - especially the non-slip pattern on the mudguards, the tools and the bolt detail - and the lines look right.  Excellent paint job too.  I'm not entirely sold on the figures, but the commander from the forthcoming Panzer crew sprue looks good. 

I'm not sure about the stowage.  It looks rather stiff and unnatural - designing this on a computer still isn't quite working.  It's also not really typical of Panzer IV stowage, which tended to feature boxes, crates and jerrycans rather than soft stowage like this.  And, increasingly, lots of spare tracks.

I think it was mentioned earlier that the roadwheels on the Ausf D and Ausf E were slightly different (the Ausf D didn't have the extra dimples on the hub), but it's not going to matter in this scale.

Really looking forward to this kit, along with the early Panzer III.  But I think the original Rubicon Panzer IV still looks good - it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:24:58 pm by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2018, 07:55:22 am »
It might look like some kind of hammer , but it's supposed to be a jack . Who ever designed the kit got it partly right , its got the base ( foot ) towards the front of the tank , and the crown ( the ] shaped piece ) towards the rear , its the stuff in the middle both Rubicon and Warlord messed up

All Panzer IVs have a jack installed in this spot , hopefully there is still  time to add one to the kit , I'm tired of having to make my own .  ::)  Here are some variations of the German AFV jack , IRC the 20 ton long jack , for the Tiger II , weights in at around 65 kilos , so these things had some heft , and the kit part should reflect that

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:01:25 am by ripley »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Resin Track Links 180329
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2018, 02:57:59 pm »
Our Panzer IV is getting the same treatment as our Tiger I... detailed resin track links!

The one shown here is for late-war.  We are planning to create two more sets - early war and one with ice cleat.  All of these will get released when the Panzer IV plastic kit becomes available.

Enjoy!
;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:37:45 pm by Rubicon Models »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #295 on: March 29, 2018, 03:20:04 pm »
Slightly confused, the resin track is shown with plastic road wheels or uses plastic road wheels?

My assumption is that that shows a one piece resin moulding, you use the supplied plastic wheels to complete.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:22:29 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2018, 03:35:15 pm »
Slightly confused, the resin track is shown with plastic road wheels or uses plastic road wheels?
My assumption is that that shows a one piece resin moulding, you use the supplied plastic wheels to complete.

Correct, the resin parts simply "replace" its plastic counterpart.  The rest of the plastic assembly (idling wheel, sprockets, front roadwheels) will go in place as usual.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2018, 05:14:07 pm »
I might get some of these.  I don't much like resin models, but resin add-ons are fine.  And the track detail does look good.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Winter Track Links 180409
« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2018, 06:54:23 pm »
More work is done on the detailed track links for our various tanks!
This time winter tracks with cleats for the upcoming Panzer IV...

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Winter Track Links 180409
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2018, 09:43:41 pm »
These are Winterketten, not cleats.  They were basically extensions to the tracks.  Cleats attach to the face of the track.  These are appropriate for 1942-43.

Anyway, another good idea.  I hope they are reasonably robust though.