Author Topic: New wish list for 2016  (Read 25252 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New wish list for 2016
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 09:17:37 pm »
What would be nice is an M4 kit that could be large, small and hybrid and Firefly.

Totally agree.  Doesn't sound as though it's on Rubicon's to-do list at the moment, however.

Patrick R

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 06:20:12 am »
I second all of the above and I'd like to add the KV series.

Suetonius Paullinus

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 04:32:16 am »
My top ten for 2016 would be:

1 LVTs for my US Marines
2 Kübel-/ Schwimmwagen for my Jerries (DAK, Early War, Late War, Winter & Summer variants needed, so I'd buy a few)
3 Jeeps
4 KVs
5 Katyushas (GAZ)
6 GAZ Trucks variants
7 King Tigers
8 Jagdpanthers
9 More Early War
10 More Pacific theatre related releases

But most importantly I am wishing for a really successful 2016 for Rubicon Models to make all our wishes eventually become true 8-)

Cheers

SP
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:48:34 am by Suetonius Paullinus »

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 09:25:45 pm »
i have identified at least 4 late hulled m4a1's with 75mm turrets, all are dd tanks, mostly usa but 1 was in gb army use.
I think an m4a1 would be ideal, but an early type as both the us and gb forces can use it.
the best bet is an m4a4 to make a firefly, 75mm, arv and crab flail ect.
but a Churchill m3 & 4 also would be great.

jnevis

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 10:13:19 pm »
Warlord's M7 got me thinking...
Given Rubicon's kits are usually multi-purpose/model instead of one generalized one, how about the Priest, Defrocked Priest, and Sexton combination?
US 105, UK 25PDR and a transport with a similar/same hull...

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 10:30:50 pm »
 A Priest and Sexton combo kit would be nearly impossible unless it was six or more spues . 1st it had a 25 pounder , not a 105  so the gun compartment was set up differently . 2nd , it was based on the Ram tank , right hand drive , not left hand like the M3 based Priest , so you would need 2 complete interiours , crew compartment , transmission , etc . And then the drive sprocket was a 18 tooth Canadian pattern , not the 13 tooth US one . And last but not least , the track was Candian Military Pattern ( CMP )  short pitch all metal track , not the standard US M3 / M4 rubber pad track . That being said , if they make it , I want a couple ....

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 11:42:47 pm »
Maybe a Priest/Kangaroo (aka "Defrocked Priest") is more viable.  Although I've never found a photo of the interior of a Kangaroo.  I can't say it'd be high on my wish list though.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 12:26:48 am »
We are seriously looking into early war vehicles, but need time to build up our M4 Sherman components digital library first. 
This is important to us as a design studio to be flexible enough to build "any" variants... may it be M3 / M4 / M7 - US or Commonwealth, whatever! 
Just give us some time... a few months?
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 04:03:41 am »
Maybe a Priest/Kangaroo (aka "Defrocked Priest") is more viable.  Although I've never found a photo of the interior of a Kangaroo.  I can't say it'd be high on my wish list though.
The Kangaroo would be a big selling point for me.
I have not found any photographs either. I did find this which I found interesting:
http://www.perthregiment.org/rperth14.html
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:05:56 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 10:05:24 am »
Maybe a Sexton/Ram Kangaroo would be a good combination.  It's worth looking at APCs because they are generally more useful to BA players than tanks.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 11:11:54 am »
Priest / Kangaroo would be a easy kit . The gun mount  and ammo storage boxes were removed . Armoured  side extensions were added if the vehicle didn't have them ( a lot of Brit / Canadian Priests had these added for  D Day). The gun hole in the front had plate welded to both sides and the resulting space was filled with dirt . Depending on sources , some of  the plate is said to have come from damaged landing craft , and not all vehicles were repainted , so some might have Navy grey plates covering the hole . IRC I have seen some color pictures   of this combination on an old Life Magazine WW II site .

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
M4A4
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 10:20:10 am »
Firefly

M4A4 HULL PLEASE !

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: M4A4
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 08:41:04 pm »
Firefly
M4A4 HULL PLEASE !

This probably will be the last to be released... lot of minor changes needed to be made.

Panzerjackson

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 11:43:14 am »
Rubicon,

I absolutely love the tanks that this company puts out. One thing though that I feel is missing in the range as it sits right now are tank commanders/crewmen. For us war gamers some rule sets require us to show wether the tank is "buttoned up" or if the hatches are open and the crew is actively trying to find targets. For the Modelers in the forum, I am quite sure they would love to have a commander peeking his head out or a driver with the hatch open. I love the tanks and the decals that this company produces so I know I can expect some cool looking crew to ride along in my tank. It wouldn't need to be too excessive, just a sprue full of 28mm tank commanders. I really look forward to putting together the new tank kits that are scheduled to come out this year, I just hope to have some characters to ride in them.       

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 01:47:36 pm »
If you have a look, you'll see that Rubicon are working on figures for their vehicles.  I'm sure we'll see some sets of tank crew before too long.