Author Topic: US Half-Tracks and Variants  (Read 4249 times)

bullneck

• Cadet
    • View Profile
US Half-Tracks and Variants
« on: September 20, 2014, 07:36:30 am »
I know you said you have some soft sides on your list but I would love to get my hands on some M2/M3 Half-Tracks with Anti-Tank and Anti-Air variants.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: US Half-Tracks and Variants
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:50:22 am »
I know you said you have some soft sides on your list but I would love to get my hands on some M2/M3 Half-Tracks with Anti-Tank and Anti-Air variants.
It really comes to the number of parts that you can fit on a sprue.  We had been working on different solutions to maximize the number of variants or options available on each kit.  In the end, we always had to scarify something in order to complete the project.  Hopefully with the eventual release of our first six kits in October, we should have more financial backup to tryout something new!

...a M3 Half-Track with an anti-tank gun is something we always wanted to do!

lou passejaire

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 05:31:00 pm »
i have some idea of the cost of plactic kits production ...
have you ever planned something quite different : a basic model kit ( with "current" 2 variants ) and some kind of "white metal-resin" transkits ?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 06:32:39 pm »
i have some idea of the cost of plactic kits production ...
have you ever planned something quite different : a basic model kit ( with "current" 2 variants ) and some kind of "white metal-resin" transkits ?

We are very short-handed for the moment - doing normal jobs for other clients and also doing our own!  We are looking into the possibilities to work with other studios to create a range of "enhanced" or "add-on" kit for our plastic range; that will benefit all parties!
 ;)

Thyrus

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 09:51:56 pm »
Yes,
plastic halftracks with different addons would be great.