Author Topic: The Panzer IV Digital Library - PzIV Ausf H Painted 190816  (Read 187037 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Ausf D & F1 3D Drawings 170224
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2017, 09:49:54 pm »
Both look really good . The D should have S shaped tow hooks on the fender , you have the later C shaped ones . The F1 seems to be missing the small square shaped muffler ( could be picture angle ) . And jacks on both really need to be bulked up , they look like a small car jack ,  could the image be a cad design limitation ? I've noticed somethings look really off in cad , but are perfectly fine when rendered in plastic

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2017, 10:30:14 pm »
Very nice. Would you package both the Ausf D and the Ausf F together, or seperately?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2017, 10:50:36 pm »
Very nice. Would you package both the Ausf D and the Ausf F together, or seperately?

There is no product yet... still in 3D drawings.  Need to see what all these drawings brought us to!

We still have Ausf E / F2 / G / H / J to do!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:54:17 pm by Rubicon Models »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2017, 10:41:52 am »
Both look really good . The D should have S shaped tow hooks on the fender , you have the later C shaped ones . The F1 seems to be missing the small square shaped muffler ( could be picture angle ) . And jacks on both really need to be bulked up , they look like a small car jack ,  could the image be a cad design limitation ? I've noticed somethings look really off in cad , but are perfectly fine when rendered in plastic

I think the muffler for the auxiliary generator is there - the corner seems to be visible behind the engine muffler.  I didn't notice the tow hooks - good spot.  Everything else looks good.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2017, 01:41:05 am »
Could be there , would be much easier to see detail in a regular front / rear / left / right type drawing  . These 3/4 views in cad always seem off to me . Maybe its me  ::) lol . Good to see Rubicon fine tuning their Panzer IV file , I hope all the versions they want to make do get made as I want one of each , at least 

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2017, 09:33:53 am »
If they were available I'd buy one of each too. From A onwards! After all, they all served.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Ausf E 3D Drawings 170301
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2017, 03:01:27 pm »
Progress had been smooth!  Panzer IV Ausf E basically done.  Sprocket wheels will be done last!

Enjoy!
;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2017, 04:06:54 pm »
This also looks good.  It would be great if you could also include an engine deck with the raised louvres, as fitted to desert vehicles - the Ausf E will be popular as a DAK vehicle.  Also - would it be possible to include some of the common stowage items that began to appear on Panzer IVs by this time, such as the spare wheels, tracks and jerrycan racks?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2017, 04:16:23 pm »
It would be great if you could also include an engine deck with the raised louvres, as fitted to desert vehicles - the Ausf E will be popular as a DAK vehicle.

Any good references?  Don't seem to see any info on the Schiffer book.

Also - would it be possible to include some of the common stowage items that began to appear on Panzer IVs by this time, such as the spare wheels, tracks and jerrycan racks?

That will really depends on sprue space.  Will try!

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2017, 06:35:53 pm »
I'd like consideration to be given to including these items in an expansion kit. There appears to be a lot of items that could supplement a basic Panzer IV kit.

- raised louvers (DAK) variant
- Pz Bef Wg/Pz Beob Wg
- Tauchpanzer IV
- components to create earlier Pz IV's  :)
- Pz IV spare wheels, tracks etc

I could include the Bruckenleger IV but think that involves too much plastic! Each expansion kit sold would mean at least one base kit sold as well, possibly more.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2017, 11:08:49 pm »
Here is the raised louvre design for a tropicalised Panzer IV.  According to the Squadron/Signal Panzer IV title, these were standard from the late Ausf D onwards, but I don't think that's right as there are photos of Ausf Es with 'flat' engine decks.  This seems to be the initial version (I think this is an Ausf F, but it was the same on the Ausf E):

It looks as though the design was subsequently changed, so that both sets of louvres were rectangular and narrower.

Also:

- the Ausf E should have appliqué armour on the superstructure sides on each side of the driver and co-driver.  It might be there (I can see some rivets), but the side visors need to be recessed.

- Ausf Ds were retro-fitted with turret stowage bins and appliqué armour plates, just like the Ausf E.  I hope this can be done with the kit.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:40:51 pm by Pinky »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2017, 11:19:08 pm »
Also, the smoke candle rack design on the Ausf D was fixed to the muffler, not the rear plate.  Here's what it should look like (note the removable cover):

I think the Ausf E's should also look like this.  I see that Dragon's Ausf E has the same smoke candle rack design as yours, but I can't find a photo of that design.

The Ausf F version is right - it was moved up to the upper left corner.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:03:08 am by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2017, 03:18:25 am »
You get early style tanks with some, not all , newer features  .The Germans used the new stuff as soon as it arrived  .So if the tropical engine deck covers arrive , they go right  onto the assembly line . If you run out , you use up the older style you still have .There was a discussion about this dealing with Panthers  and Stugs on the Missing-Lynx site  a while ago . 

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2017, 11:09:52 am »
Sure, but the raised louvres were initially a modification for vehicles intended for North Africa.  As you know, some tropicalised vehicles ended up going to the Eastern Front instead, but it looks as though the raised louvres didn't become a production feature until the Ausf F1.

I assume that Rubicon could provide a choice of engine decks, as they did with the M10/M36.  It looks as though an Ausf D/E/F kit would need 3 different engine decks.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:19:20 am by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2017, 12:04:02 pm »
I guess it could end up being a 3 sprue kit like the Tiger . I wonder if Rubicon really wants to go that route , on a plain Jane tank ( not cool like Tiger  :) ). There's got to be a point where it costs more to add all the features  than they're  to get back in sales . Maybe a Panzer IV detail kit of all little bits and pieces of a  variety of Pzr IV marks  A- J , engine covers , driver's visors , add on armor panels  , Thoma skirts , etc . I'ld be up for getting one , but its the kind of thing released in small numbers in resin , for big bucks in 35th scale , I don't think Rubicon will bite  ;D