Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here...  (Read 84126 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Introduce Yourself Here...
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2020, 04:44:11 am »
Nice work devensega.
Welcome aboard.

devensega

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2020, 06:49:26 pm »
Welcome . That AVRE looks really good , Warlord  resin or  Italeri / Warlord plastic with the S&S AVRE add on kit ?

It's the Warlord Plastic with the S&S add on. Not ideal but beggers can't be choosers.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2020, 08:41:38 am »
I scratched the AVRE mounts on my plastic Churchill . Not fun trying to get them mirror imaged . What do you think of the S&S bridge for the AVRE ? I want one ...

devensega

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2020, 05:36:36 pm »
I scratched the AVRE mounts on my plastic Churchill . Not fun trying to get them mirror imaged . What do you think of the S&S bridge for the AVRE ? I want one ...

It'd make a great model but I'm unsure about its use in game... As well as transporting it :)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2020, 10:17:08 pm »
 I would  build the bridge  separate from the tank  , positioned over a ditch / stream  type base, or maybe a crater on a beach / sea wall to be used as scenic piece . Building it in transport mode would be insane for gaming , as a diorama , it would be ok if you had the shelf space . I'm still considering getting one .
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 10:19:13 pm by ripley »

Jasper779

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2020, 11:50:20 pm »
Hi there,

New to the forum but not to the models. Love the detail and the ever growing ranges.

Next in my wishlist is the
Bedford 3 ton with seated Tommies.
King Tiger.
Morris quad 4
Dingo Scout car
And the Sherman M4A1 which I think is already available.
But I will probably buy them all in one go once they are all in the shop

Heisler

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2020, 12:00:05 am »
Good morning

I'm both a modeler and a gamer which means I tend to take my builds a bit farther than I should. I currently have three StuG IIIs and a StuH42 ready for paint, a Jadgpanther currently in progress and almost ready for priming. In addition I just completed a M4A3E2 so its ready for priming and I'm in the middle of building a M32B1.

Like most folks on this board I have a stash of kits that are just waiting in the wings ready to be built.

My historical interests center, primarily on the 21st Panzer Division (North Africa and Normandy) and the 6th Panzer Division in the east so my German builds tend to center around those divisions and their supporting units. As I move forward with my Americans I'm undecided between modeling the 3rd or 4th Armored Divisions. As my completed Shermans are starting to accumulate I'll need to make a decision so I can stock pile the appropriate decals.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:03:02 am by Heisler »

SheriffSherman

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2020, 07:08:51 am »
Hey folks,

I built my first plastic Sherman kit sometime in the very late 1970s.  It was the old Monogram 1/32 scale M4A1.  Then I transitioned into 1/35 scale Tamiya (dabbled with 1/48 and some DML 1/72 too) tanks.  I’ve also played WOT for about 8 years.  Unfortunately, I’ve never played tanks on tables.  Recently i’ve been running out of space to display 1/35 scale tanks let alone my 1/35 dios.  So about 2 years ago I started thinking about moving down to smaller scales and that eventually led me to looking into gaming pieces to use in my dioramas.  I was pretty surprised at the level of detail some of the gaming tanks have and now I’m building 1/100 FOW and PSC.  I’ve also added some PSC to my regular 1/72 scale stash.  But as you guys might’ve noticed from my name I like Sherman tanks.  So a few months back when I learned about the wide range of Shermans that Rubicon produces it prompted me to branch out into 1/56.  I’ll admit I’ve been really impressed with 1/56, it is much smaller than 1/35 but also big enough to add detail.  I think 1/56 is the perfect scale for me in that regard.  It’s practical enough to display but not so small that it can’t be built into small dios and detailed properly.  I’m loving this scale and hopefully it continues to grow in popularity.

I recently finished the build on the M4A1 Rubicon kit as “eternity” I really wanted to build the Brit Sherman 2 variant from El Alamein but unfortunately the sand skirts were not included in the kit.  I will be buying a lot more of these little Shermans to create small vignettes with 1-2 vehicles.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 12:45:55 am by SheriffSherman »

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2020, 09:06:02 am »
Quote from: devensega
...I noticed a friends Sherman looked somewhat better than my Warlord one... It was a Rubicon model so here I am.

Before you take that first step down the Rubicon Models rabbit hole, let me first say, "Welcome to rabbit hole".

The second thing is to say that yes, the Rubicon Models plastic vehicles are excellent model kits for the tabletop miniature gamer. Compared to the old Bolt Action resin & metal vehicles, the Rubicon Models vehicle kits are just fantastic.

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2020, 03:20:27 am »
Quote from: devensega
...I noticed a friends Sherman looked somewhat better than my Warlord one... It was a Rubicon model so here I am.
The second thing is to say that yes, the Rubicon Models plastic vehicles are excellent model kits for the tabletop miniature gamer. Compared to the old Bolt Action resin & metal vehicles, the Rubicon Models vehicle kits are just fantastic.

I used to think the Warlord resin Kits were really nice (I still prefer them over the warlord plastics)until this Christmas when I bought dad a French Rubicon H39 resin kit, before wrapping it I had a quick peak...next level.

Nadir_E

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2021, 11:42:17 pm »
Hi Everyone - thanks for allowing me to join the forum.  I’m located in Southern California.  I did a lot of 1/35th scale modeling in my youth (which was a long time ago) but shifted my military-history interest to war-gaming since then.  Rubicon seems like a good fit for adding modeling back into hobby-life while still gaming.  Loving the new Vietnam kit previews - great stuff.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2021, 12:18:48 am »
@Nadir_E, welcome to our forum.  Please enjoy your stay!

Modsrule1976

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2021, 05:44:02 pm »
Hi!

Great to be here and loving the posts and content, very talented community! I work as a Product Manager in the glamorous world of IT, based not far from Liverpool in the UK.

I came across Rubicon at Scale model World a few years back, bought a Panther and was hooked!

Looking forward to having an active part in the community

06/24

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2021, 01:10:20 pm »
Morning all

Fifty something modeller, not a gamer (yet) but have been fascinated by the Rubicon models I’ve seen images of, so felt I should give them a try. Main interest is (predictably) the desert and Normandy - but I also model WW1 in other scales, aircraft, trains, you name it, if a vehicle appeals I’ll try and build it.

Corisco

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2021, 08:54:22 pm »
hello,

Long term gamer and modeller and proud owner of a dozen or more Rubicon kits. Big fan of Rubicon's work, beautiful little models that are superbly engineered, which makes them a pleasure to build. Very excited that rubicon is branching out into post-war kit, which is one of my main areas of interest.