Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here...  (Read 84105 times)

AmTrac1833

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself Here...
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2018, 08:54:24 pm »
Greetings all,
   Name is Daniel and currently live in Tulsa OK after being mobile in a career in the Marine Corps.  Between that and school my building time was nearly non-existent.  I am overdue for some modeling to catch up on all the kits/projects acquired during my hiatus from building.  I have several themes in my collection but the primary one is AmTracs, LVTs and AAVs in any scale of any version.  Only caveat being I stick to USMC LVTs and AAVs.
   I’ve built only one 1/56 model.  It is Rubicon’s Sdkfz 251.  I was thoroughly impressed with the detail, how well the parts fit and overall build of the kit.  It was good enough that there are now several kits I’m mulling over as to which of these gems will be next to assemble.  Of course, announcement of a family of LVTs shot those to top of the list but, there are several other projects I have in mind.
   Hobbies outside of models are reading, mostly military history, flying when time and finance miraculously align (I’m also a private pilot), exploring new places with a habit of being drawn to vineyards and distilleries for some unknown reason, traveling to new places as well as turning wrenches on planes, tanks or tractors.

mrdeane

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2018, 11:34:47 pm »
Hi ,Bob Deane here ,aka DR Muffin. 66 years old, life long modeler and REALLY dig Rubicon models for their historical accuracy and appearance! Ive  "unofficially" helped Peter Griffin rep Rubicon at Historicon and other East coast wargaming shows here in the US. Really excited about these kits and the continuing line of new releases!  Hope I dont sound too much like a sock puppet, but Ive essentially stopped all armor modeling outside of Rubicon and 1/56th scale. any way, if you are in the States any where near Charlottesville, Virginia, look me up!
Rock on Rubicon!

petejones

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2018, 02:14:15 am »
I'm Pete, based in the UK. Been wargaming on and off since the early-1980s. I was heavily into 10mm until about 3 years ago, when I started selling off my collections - I now focus on 6mm for WW2 battles and 28mm for Dark Ages, Medieval and WW2 skirmshing (with the intention of including the Jacobite Rebellion and Border Reivers at some point). I noticed Rubicon Models a couple of years ago and thought the models looked really good, but as my interest lies in the Eastern Front, particularly the early period 1941-42, there were no suitable kits at that time. However, things are looking much better now so I took the plunge and bought some recently. The first one I built was the Gaz truck and what a great model it is! I've since made one 251/1C and am in the middle of a 250/1 half-track. I have a T-34/76, Opel Blitz, a Maultier, three German anti-tank guns, plus a few more kits on order (including another Gaz so I can build the 6-wheeled variant). The only departure from Rubicon (out of necessity) is a KV from Italeri, plus three Pz-38s, but I'd have purchased these from Rubicon if they had been available.

Really looking forward to the T-26 light tank when it becomes available. Would love to see the mighty T-28 but I know that's a long-shot - it's a personal fave of mine.

Old Guard

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2018, 07:17:50 pm »
Hello.
Another grey beard
Long time modeller. Wargamer for about 10 years now. Although I rarely get to play. Moved over to WW2 gaming about 4 years ago and loving it.
All things Normandy so...several armies on the go.
716 infantry division
21 PZ division
12th Hitlerjugend
Ox & Bucks British airborne
7 Bn Hampshire rgt 43rd Wessex division
41 st armoured infantry US

Oh and there's a winter German unit being tinkered with too.

If it's plastic it's on the list and the Rubicon vehicles are some of my favourites.

Thorhorsemen

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2018, 10:31:31 am »
Hello my name is Gary and I live in Perth Western Australia.

I've been war gaming since the late 70's and assembling model kits even longer!

The last two years I've been playing Bolt Action pretty much exclusively (when not on the PC).

I've been collecting Rubicon kits for my Bolt Action armies and am looking forward to getting some Polsten equipped Buffaloes to help secure some Dutch real estate.   

RFT

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2019, 05:19:24 pm »
I'm Richard, I'm from warwickshire in the UK and I'm mostly here for building tips and so on.

Dutchsniper

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2019, 09:03:44 am »
Hi I'm Dutchsniper I'm new to this did models when I was younger but now I'm very interested  again.Great to have somewhere to ask for help.Purchased my first Rubicon model from Mighty Ape just need paints an I'm away

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2019, 12:17:25 pm »
Welcome, everyone! 

Hope your visit in this forum will help you in your adventures and make friends here as well!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2019, 08:05:57 pm »
Welcome . Be sure to post your build and finished kit in the gallery ,always nice to see other peoples work . And ask any questions you have , we have all the answers …. they're not the correct answers  , but its the thought that counts right  ?  lol

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »
Greetings.
As Ripley said, please do post your work.

John

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2019, 06:21:06 pm »
Thanks for letting me join.

My name is John Walker, I live in Falkirk in Scotland and I'm an Additional Support for Learning teacher in the day job.

I'm not a wargamer but I've been a modeller for these last 50 years making me part of the "Airfix Generation".

I don't build many tanks but I have a small collection of Tamiya and Airfix 1/48th scale wheeled military vehicles. I first came across Rubicon at the annual Carronade wargaming show in Falkirk a couple of years ago. My eye was then taken in particular by the CMP truck, which I subsequently bought and built. I liked what I found so I've added a few other kits over the last year or so and I've been posting work in progress threads on the Rubicon Models SIG Facebook page. I've even built a tank, the Crusader, as an 8th Army MkII in Tunisia at the beginning of 1943.

I'm currently building a Kubelwagen and I'll shortly be starting on the Sd.kfz.7 and FlaK 36.

John

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2019, 08:19:19 pm »
Welcome John, we are a small community of modellers and gamers who build Rubicon Models kits as part of our hobby.  1/56 scale is a relatively new scale in the military modelling world and we want to make this scale more popular; please spread the word for us!

PeterN67

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2019, 08:12:42 pm »
Hi All, all Peter.. late start wargamer, most bolt action, Saga & Star Wars legion. I also play wings of Glory And X-wing. Anyway, enough of that, I recently acquired my first Rubicon models (sdkfz 7, sdkfz 251/d, kubelwagen, 88, radio car kit for kubelwagen & the auto cannon upgrade set for the half track.
The guys on the stand at the Scottish nationals model show in Perth where super friendly and helpful and the models have been great to build. There are so many choices in some of the kits, that with a little (amateur) modding I’ve got two vehicles from one kit. I believe where possible, all my further hardware needs will be Rubicon.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2019, 09:52:51 pm »
Welcome . Oh , 2 vehicles from 1 kit ? Post some photos in the Showcase thread . Always interesting to see what others have built and get a few ideas for my own builds / kit bashes

Shahbahraz

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2019, 04:22:29 am »
Hi all,  Doug here, primarily a wargamer, though I do enjoy modelling itself. Moved back to Scotland (hi Pete!) East Coast, a couple of years back, from Australia, and have been playing Chain of Command over the last couple of years. The Rubicon kits are the best value on the market, and scratch my itch as a modeller.

Very much looking forward to the new PzIII and PzIV kits, hoping to see some future releases for my Early War forces.

I do like quirky and different, so while I like to build nice Shermans, Tigers and T34, I'd rather see some stuff like Vickers VI, T70, Comet, Marmon Herrington A/C, and so on.

Looking forward to seeing other people's work on here too.

I have a blog at http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/ but not really much Rubicon stuff on there yet other than the Crusader.