Author Topic: Jimmys WIP Thread  (Read 11777 times)

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmys WIP Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2018, 01:03:59 am »

Forgot to mention, have been doing a few bits for my DAK since including (finally!) the SdKfz.250/3 and Rommel. The expansion kit is great and really shows how far the Rubicon crew figures have come on!

On a more serious note, how should I paint the interior? Am I right in thinking the (visible) parts of the halftrack interior should just be painted the same as the outside?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2018, 05:42:03 am »
Nice work on the Hellcat .  The 250 could have been sent to Africa painted inside and out sand yellow or  German Gray. If Gray  it would get a repaint there . Pictures show both sand interior as well as gray . I guess it just depended on how soon the vehicle was put into action after it landed . When they cammo painted late war stuff ( Tiger II ) they painted over tools and tow cables , guess they were in a hurry . Heres a couple of pictures of 250s ,one with gray interior and one ( collector's vehicle ) painted in and out sand

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 05:35:22 pm »
Photographs indicate that the interior of dark grey vehicles was not repainted for service in North Africa.  Any vehicles with a dark yellow interior would have left the factory that way following the changeover from dark grey to dark yellow.