Author Topic: Rubicon models 1/56th Stug.III  (Read 3290 times)

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
Rubicon models 1/56th Stug.III
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:05:58 am »
Unlike the Panzer III I've not bothered with any background for this as it simply wasn't something I found people were interested in.

So just the model this time.

Enjoy...I suppose.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Rubicon models 1/56th Stug.III
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 08:04:59 am »
Interesting Stug .  I like the idea of the Germans going for a longer 75mm gun ( did you use a US 76mm from a Sherman ?) , but not a gun as long as the Panther's , no room inside the Stug to mess with those long rounds . Not too sure about the hedge row cutter though  , your going to end up fouling the gun if you try ramming stuff over 5 ft high . Most Allied tanks that had it ( 75mm Sherman , Churchill Croc , M-10 , etc ) either had guns that didn't hang over the nose of the tank , or had turrets so you could spin the gun away from obstructions . I would say quite a few of us who check  this site daily  tend to lean to the scale model builder side of the hobby , so we might not get what your trying to convey with your " what if / fantasy " builds so to speak . I build the occasional odd piece myself from time time , some guys get it , some guys don't , don't sweat it . It's your hobby , build it the way you want .

As a scale model builder , if I decided to add that longer gun to the Stug ,I would have gone all Heer 46 on the kit , add swinging side skirts , remote control roof mg 34 , concrete armor over the front roof sections , and a group of Hitler Youth with automatic rifles and pazerfausts , but thats me  ::) .
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:11:44 am by ripley »

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 05:02:39 pm »
Oh i have learnt not to fuss over what people think when it comes to toys.
I've had bolt action players send me death threats on Facebook for not painting things 1000% to accuracy.
So I'm well aware it's not a friendly environment. It's why I refuse to play any games except alone.

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:25:04 pm »

I like the colour scheme, a very nice what-if camo :)