Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

British Centurion 105mm Gun Samples 211005

<< < (2/11) > >>

Rubicon Models:
Responses from Facebook on the Centurion Mk 3 had been very positive.  We have decided to release the Centurion Mk 5 and Mk 5-1 drawings for additional feedback as well.

The Centurion Mk 5 had Browning machine guns fitted to coaxial and commander's cupola mounts, turret rear escape door deleted, turret roof reshaped, deletion of 2" bomb thrower in turret roof, extra stowage bin on the glacis, and the addition of guide roller in track run.  The vehicle now weighed 51 tons.

The Centurion Mk 5/1 (aka FV 4011) was used by the Royal Australian Armoured Corps' (RAAC) during the Vietnam War in 1967 had increased glacis armour, two coax machine guns: one .30 Browning & one .50 caliber Browning for ranging the 84mm (20 pounder) main gun.

We have decided NOT TO pursue additional Centurion MBT variants until the Mk 3 and Mk 5 projects are completed.  There are just too many variables and changes to each variant which make it impossible to focus on the project.

What do you think?

Enjoy!
 ;)

MassRager:
ill take 2 :-), they look great

ultravanillasmurf:
Nice.

Very Australian with the mixed can rack and the spare wheels.

Are you doing a transparent driver's screen?

Pinky:
Wow, I did not expect to see an Aussie Centurion.  I was going to suggest it, but thought it was too obscure for Rubicon to want to tackle; I thought an IDF Centurion was more likely.  Anyway, I hope this sees the light of day.  The Australian version had a lot of modifications - it would be quite a sophisticated kit.  How will you deal with the turret stowage basket?  It's potentially quite fiddly.

I suppose an M48A3 Patton is a logical next step.  And maybe a T-54.

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: Pinky on January 08, 2020, 11:13:53 am ---Wow, I did not expect to see an Aussie Centurion.

--- End quote ---
Ah, you have not been watching the "Conflicts that came in from the Cold" sub-forum on Lead Adventures.
Someone complained that that all the threads on page one were about Vietnam.

Empress Miniatures (and to a lesser extent Gringos 40) have a rapidly expanding range of figures and (vehicles in 1/48-50 scale).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version