Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

T17E1 Staghound - Mk II added 210417

(1/5) > >>

Rubicon Models:
Because of some busy event this coming Friday (Nov 1), we will not be able to update our "NEW Project of the Month" on time... so here it is now, a day early!

The T17E1 Armoured Car was an American armoured car design produced during WW2.  It never saw service with frontline US forces but was supplied, via the United Kingdom, to British and Commonwealth forces during the war and received the service name "Staghound".  A number of countries used the Staghound after the war, with some of the vehicles continuing to serve into the 1980s.  A total of 4,094 were produced.

Further references: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T17E1_Staghound

Enjoy!
;)

ripley:
Wow this is great news , love the Staghound .  FYI . the hatches on the Crusader turret had a few modifications when added to the Stag , so a wee bit of kit bashing will be needed to make a proto vehicle . David Doyle Books has a great volume on the Stag , lots of factory and in combat photos plus some interior pics of a restored Stag . I have this book in my library . I recommend it highly

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: ripley on October 31, 2019, 12:21:36 am ---FYI. the hatches on the Crusader turret had a few modifications when added to the Stag, so a wee bit of kitbashing will be needed to make a proto vehicle. David Doyle Books has a great volume on the Stag, lots of factory and in combat photos plus some interior pics of a restored Stag. I have this book in my library. I recommend it highly.

--- End quote ---

We are aware of the minor changes to the Crusader hatches on the turret, we have not done the additional variants yet.  Will see how it goes.  We also have several books on the Staghound which we find very useful as well.  ;)

ripley:
I figured you knew that . Just passing some info , as well as recommending an informative , fairly  low cost book ( on sale $20 S ) on the the guys who haunt the forum . Of course shipping might break you . lol

303in204:
Exciting news, hopefully the fuel tanks are easily removed (or magnetized) and replaced with empty racks or stowage bins.  Some suggestions for your decal sheet would be the Inns of Court (well, any of the armoured car regiments attached/working with armoured divisions) and the 18th armoured car regiment 12th manitoba dragoons (especially relevant to the mk III)

I'll buy one of these for sure, if it was a Daimler I would have (and still will) bought three.

We are now officially in a race, you try and get this kit on the shelves, and I'll clear my paint que and get to carving up my resin blitzkrieg kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version