Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

Project of the Month - Oct 2021 - SdKfz 234 Family

<< < (2/2)

Tracks:

--- Quote from: ripley ---I think it would be better if Rubicon tackled the 231 family , as no one else has done in plastic , yet

--- End quote ---

Now that you said this, I too find it interesting that Rubicon Models didn't tackle the 231/232 (8-rad) family. Seems so obvious now.

Especially since the 231 (8-rad) and the 232 (radio-version) were introduced before the Polish campaign and used until the end of the war. A far better choice for wargamers and modellers alike.

However, maybe Rubicon Models is up to something we don't know yet, or it could be just a blunt oversight.

ripley:
Guess the 231/2 8rad isn't as sexy as the 234  series , even with more built than all 4 types of 234s . Hell even the ugly box shaped 263 command vehicle had over 250 produced and served on all fronts . And as to Rubicon being up to something , they do tend to surprise us with proposed vehicle releases that we didn't know we wanted  ;D

Ad:
Nice to see these at the project stage.

I would prefer too see it released as two separate kits of two versions. One sprue of generic parts for the 234 and the extras pieces on sprues B 234/1 and 2, sprue C for 234/3 and 4. Plus a crew sprue.

I see the PUMA graphic does not have the stowage box on the rear fender next to the aerial mount, it only seems to be unique to some 234/2 photos that I have seen.

There also seems to be different designs of tyers as the war progressed, possibly salvaged from other vehicles as needed.

I am not too sure of the other variants planned of the Luches turm or the 20mm schwebelafette as I have only seen these as models. I have not seen any photos of them, I hope someone has info of these variants. However, the 20mm fgst would be useful in making a 251/17D.

Sometime next year I would like too see the 232s, although I am not interested in the Lee/Grant I am sure if it does appear a Priest will surely follow.

ripley:
IRC the Luch  turret was a one off , or at least the pictures found are of one vehicle .  No pictures of it turned to the side so it could be bolted / welded to hull like some command Pzr 3 and 4s turrets . I think the 20mm gun version was again a  conversion  by front line workshops , sort of  like the 20mm AA dropped in the Hetzer recovery vehicle .
The storage box was missing on some models , and as well the side fenders , depending on who built them , had 2 or 4 doors for storage

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version