Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here...  (Read 84059 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Introduce Yourself Here...
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2019, 04:57:06 am »
Hi Doug,

Welcome. Nice work.

hemblecreations

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2019, 04:31:28 pm »
Hi All,

Ron here, I have been building military and scifi diorama's for over 39yrs I build 1:35 scale military models mainly German and I build 1:144-1:12 scifi diorama's. I have ordered my first lot of Rubicon kits and can't wait to get my hands on them so I can build diorama's using them.

Just a example of a 1:35 diorama I have done so you can see what type of diorama's I like doing.

Cheers

Ron

The_Big_Red_Bear

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2019, 02:42:09 pm »
G'day! I build Tanks (typically Soviet and German) and other equipment. Tabletop wargames is the main deal, but I enjoy building and painting the models more than outright gameplay.

not.a.PJ

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2019, 04:09:48 pm »
New WWII wargamer here. I had a bunch of 40k stuff as a kid but never really got into the game part of it. As an adult I started making 28mm WWII models as a distraction while finishing some schooling. I was introduced to Bolt Action and now have multiple Rubicon, Warlord, and Perry kits along with some from other less "mainstream" brands.
I love Rubicon kits and can't wait for some of the new US stuff to come out!

Johnw

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2019, 05:24:24 am »
Hello everyone

Another older bloke here. Started modelling in the 60s with Airfix military kits and have never really stopped. Still prefer Braille scale but am beginning to find it just a bit too small. Don’t have the room, or cash, for 1/35 so been looking for something that’s just a bit bigger than 72nd. Found Rubicon almost by accident and was tempted by the recent panzer Iv offer. About to start the build and will see how I get on, but so far very impressed by what’s in the box.

John

Morris

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2019, 04:06:39 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm Morris from Berlin/Germany. I'm a wargamer and scale modeller. I am a fan of Rubicon model kits and their conversions. I will show at regular intervals my latest conversions in the forum. I am looking forward to your feedback.

regards
Morris

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2019, 08:02:13 pm »
Just about to build my first Rubicon model which I picked up at last weekends Britcon. I will report back on how the different glues work.

For glue information, have a look at this thead:
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=707.msg8957#msg8957
Suggestion as to what glues/cements to use for Rubicon Models.

M4_RHINO_01

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2019, 03:12:49 pm »
Hello all, Ryan here.

I'm fairly new to model making and I don't play the war games either. I've built a bunch of models but I've found myself really impressed by the quality of the rubicon kits, first stumbling upon them in the shop at bovington tank museum in Dorset, UK. I've made the sherman m4a3e8 so far and I'm part way through the m5a1 Stuart. After that will be the panther!

I only really do small kits due to limited space and money so it's lucky I've got a steady hand and good eye sight :P

CuorDiLeone

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2019, 09:18:59 am »
Hello everyone.

I'm Giuseppe, born in Italy and living in Vienna , Austria.
Startet modelling with Airfix and Atlantic kits.
Started much later collecting 28mm figures and models.
Found by chance some Rubicon models a cpuple of months ago and liked them at first sight.
I mostly build Panthers and Sd.Kfz. 251. Can't get enough twofiftyones.   :D

thunderplunk

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2019, 06:04:41 pm »
Hi everyone! I started getting into Bolt Action about a year ago, and I've become a big fan of Rubicon's offerings – my Soviets have a Studebaker and a lend-lease M4A2 that have been doing very nicely, and I'm working on a pair of T-34s as well. I've been checking the forum for a while to look at upcoming releases and so on, so I thought I'd join and say hi.

neffer38

• Private
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2019, 01:20:00 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm from North Wales. I disappeared travelling around Asia some 10 years ago no and when I came  back I ended up living down south wales with Mum and Dad who had moved. With little money left I dusted of all my 40k from the attic that I hadn't touch in another 10 years and sold the lot  ;D Then went and spent the money on 15mm ww2 models for Flames of War (V3). 1st box set I bought were resin IS-2s...at the time I had no idea what a T-34 was.

I moved back up North 5 years ago for better work prospects and also ended up doing commission work on the side for players at my local club.

I now mostly play Battlegroup and the occasional Chain of command or bolt action games. I started and have a wide range of 15mm Name it I most probably have it. I have a hand full of 20mm germans and have started doing 28mm, which is defenetly my preferred scale (I'm a painter at heart)

You can find examples of my work here:
https://www.instagram.com/spun_design/

Cheers

wmyers

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2020, 01:27:19 am »
Here is my introduction post. I am from Western Canada, did some service in Her Majesty’s Forces as a light machine gunner (infantry regiment), started modelling with Airfix, Esci and Hasegawa 1/72.  Prior to that I played with 54mm figures, Airfix, Timpo, Timmee, MPC and even some Marx (Knights and Vikings Carry-all playset found in the basement of our local Army and Navy store).

My first 1/72 figures were Airfix WWI American Doughboys and American Civil War Union Infantry bought for me by my Grandfather.  It has led to a long held love of and for gaming and modelling.

I picked up my first Rubicon kit last year and absolutely loved how it went together!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2020, 03:31:00 am »
Welcome , always nice to have new voices in the forums . Post some of your builds in the Showcase / Gallery thread as we like to see what people are building .Also if you come across interesting books , model build tweaks or just want to ask questions about the kits in general   feel free post .  One of us has probably has the answer , now weather its the answer your looking for …...

devensega

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2020, 01:07:55 am »
Hello, I'm a rather new model maker (maybe 3 years) from Worcester and a convert to table top gaming. When playing Bolt Action with some friends I noticed a friends Sherman looked somewhat better than my Warlord one... It was a Rubicon model so here I am. Not bought anything yet, I'm getting the Comet and Centurion as soon as I see them in the store. This is my latest kit, it's not Rubicon but they soon will be.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2020, 03:34:59 am »
Welcome . That AVRE looks really good , Warlord  resin or  Italeri / Warlord plastic with the S&S AVRE add on kit ?