Author Topic: Anyone having an Italian!  (Read 5276 times)

Ad

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Anyone having an Italian!
« on: May 05, 2020, 02:41:38 am »
Something new from Italeri, and its one of their own country's armour. A Semovente

Alas, I am not into the desert campaign but I have one word too describe the model
and it is....
WOOF !

I wonder if they may upscale any other 1/72 Italian items that do.....

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone having an Italian!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 02:50:34 am »
Do you have their new Semovente kit to make that statement?
  I've only looked at Italeri's new Semovente on their website, and it looks pretty good to me. It gives you the option of the M-13/40, the M-14/41 and the Semovente in a two sprue plastic kit.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 03:29:20 am »
The Modelling NewS site had pictures of the sprues and decals in a April 30th article , ( I've saved them but wont show them on Rubicon's site ) , it  "looks" like you could build both tank and Semovente upper hulls and swap them out for game play , just like Rubicon's SU 122 / SU 85 kit .   Only down side I see is you would need a couple of seated figures for the Semovente ( driver / gunner ) if you want to depict it in action with roof hatches open as the kit gives you one full figure and one half torso tank commander . I've heard they're due here in local hobby shops in Canada June / July . I pre ordered 2
Ad , is WOOF a term of excitement or disgust ? I'm not a young man anymore and some of todays slang terms don't compute …. I find the kit to look pretty good , nicely molded tools , AA machine gun and an interior which looks on par with their 1/35 offering , actually except for the road wheel arrangement ( dual wheels molded together , easy 4 piece track ) and the size IT cold be their state of the art 1970s kit, I liked them , I built 4 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 03:43:10 am by ripley »

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 10:05:03 am »
WOOF!?
Is that good or bad?

I have see pictures of the sprues, and they look good. I have assembled most if not all of the Italeri 1:56 kits at one time or another, and from experience, I can tell you that this kit will be good. But almost anything is better than most of the crappy resin/metal kits out there.

Yes, I have heard people complain about some of the Italeri kits, but I have not had any of those problems myself. For example, I hear that some people have trouble with the tracks on some Italeri kits. Sure, on some kits they can't just be slapped on, but that is were a bit more modelling skill is needed. For example, there is one kit that you have to actually cut off the locking tabs to get it to fit properly. Basically, make some adjustments as needed. In the end, you can get a perfect result.

Note, that some Italeri tracks (like on their M4 Sherman) do go together so easy that they can be slapped together quickly. But a few others require a bit more modelling skill to get that perfect fit. However, in most cases its usually something easy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:17:53 am by Tracks »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 10:10:07 am »
That's my view as well tracks . I've had no problem with the Italeri kits

wmyers

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 08:51:26 am »
These I might get!

Most of my armour is 1/48 (Tamiya, Gasoline, Bandai, etc) and 1/50 (Solido).  I find they are exactly the same size.

The one Rubicon kit is a truck and I have no matching make in 1/48 so it won’t look out of place. 

The Italeri kits are unique and those little Italian tanks can be little(r) and still look fine, I believe!

I really want to get the Rubicon 30cwt Chevy LRDG and jeeps.  I think that way I can mix and match the scales, to an extent.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 09:50:22 am »
Bandi , there's a blast from the past . I had a bunch ( maybe 20 ) back in the mid 70s , loved them . Got rid of them along with the rest of my built kits  when I got married , mind you I did have over 200 Tamiya kits . Hard to convince the girl friend / wife I needed a room for my toys

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 09:57:31 pm »
I ordered the italeri platoon box the night it was announced in the UK.
I'm hoping it'll be good as my experience of Italeri ranges from good (M18) to God awful (M8/M20) and everything else is in between.

So these better be good.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 10:04:53 pm »
You know what is frustrating?
That the FLGS can get these Warlord Games/Italeri plastic Italian tank kits, but not Rubicon Models plastic tank kits.
At least the glass is not completely empty.

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 05:23:45 pm »
Is that a case of can't get them or can't be arsed to get them?

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 01:35:28 am »
In Canada , my FLGS gets his Rubicon stuff from a US distributer . The guy who has the import rights in Canada only sells on ebay according to hobby shop owner and won't deal with him . Italeri is IRC a almost 70 year old model company so has a long history of being available from a host of importers in Canada and the US