Author Topic: Newbie Post  (Read 2113 times)

Modeller776

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Newbie Post
« on: April 08, 2020, 05:18:39 pm »
Outside of the introduction post I would say thank you for the add, and it is great to see others builds and paint jobs and to read thoughts and comments, I also think that the forum based on what we would like to see kit wise is great as well.  I would be interested to se if RM would consider a Sherman recovery vehicle?

Aside from that I like to build the US vehicle range and only use Rubicon, albeit very blinkered, as I think that the kits are superb, that is my own personal preference of course.

I was going to ask if anyone had some items in their spares box I could buy off of them - please, and its relating to the M5 Stuart, late production and the M8 Scott model.  I am trying to find a rear stowage bin fitting for the rear of the M5, its a 2 piece set up so I can make a late production variant.  With regards to the Scott I am trying to source a front glacis plate - the part with the hatches that the headlights etc affix to.

So I would pay all costs if you did have these parts and were willing to part with them of course and thank you in advance.

Once again thank you for the add.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Newbie Post
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 04:02:43 am »
Welcome.
  I would be interested to se if RM would consider a Sherman recovery vehicle?
Have you seen http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=797.msg11057#msg11057

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Post
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 08:36:01 pm »
Quote from: Modeller776
...and its relating to the M5 Stuart, late production and the M8 Scott model.  I am trying to find a rear stowage bin fitting for the rear of the M5, its a 2 piece set up so I can make a late production variant.  With regards to the Scott I am trying to source a front glacis plate - the part with the hatches that the headlights etc affix to.

I cannot help you with the M8 Scott because I used that part, but I might be able to help you with that 2 piece bin. However, I live in Thailand, so the reality is that it would cost less to buy a new kit than to play for the shipping of a tiny plastic part. However, if you live in Thailand, fantastic. I can just give the part to you in person... well, not now because of the Covid-19 social rules and restrictions.

Regarding the M8 Scott. You have to add the gun barrel inside the shroud. I used the tip of a 75mm gun barrel from a Rubicon Models M4 Sherman kit to complete the look. But you can also use almost anything that looks the part including plastic rod or tube from Evergreen Plastics. I just used the tip of a 75mm gun because I have several spares from Rubicon Models M4 kits.

Hope this helps.